Muffler..What do you think?

G

Unregistered
I like the titanium one personally, im not a fan of cannons though!!!!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I think you need to really think about how you will be using your car. If you buy cheap-shit ebay crap, it will sound like dick, drone it's ass off and you'll hate driving your Legnum.

Have you had a look at Ivan's PERFORMANCE Rear Muffler REPLACEMENT?

All his stuff is high quality, but we'll be getting a better look at them next week at our local wash meet and can give some first hand info on what they really do look and sound like.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
GET IT! that one on ebay claims to increase horsepower by 10-15%! You will be breaking 200kw easy with that muffler lol. Not taking a shot at you Aamir, just find it funny the claims some ebay shops make

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
hahah when I read that I too was laughing..the things they will say to sell these mufflers..but what do you think of it? worth it? poor quality?
How is the quality of the Xracing muffler you think?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i see a number of problems:

1. its ebay

2. titanium muffler for $65? yeah right, only on ebay

3. its ebay

those muffler wont do anything but look...ok. may as well run straight pipe instead, at least that'll sound good

go buy one from ivan or xforce or deflipo or lukey. about 300 per muffler should get a good quality ones. you get what you pay for, especially with mufflers

edit, and you want 3" inlets too, maybe you could get away with 2.5" if you went with your dual system

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
I had a 3" oval Varex muffler on my old EVO and it was the best muffler I have ever owned. Being able to control how loud the exhaust is, is fantastic. That and it sounded AWESOME on boost too!!

21971116.jpg

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Did it have a deep throaty kinda sound cause thats what i'm looking for? dont mind me asking but how much was the varex xforce muffler?

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Ben (bdscott) has the Varex Xforce on his car, sounds tough as f*ck. First time i saw his car, i heard it before i saw it, certainly wasn't expecting a legnum driving down the street towards me! And yes it was fair throaty.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
I hat a 3" exhaust all the way, with a 3" cat then the muffler. No silly resonators or anything like that...... :LOL:

I wish I took a vid- it had HKS 264 cams it sounded AWESOME. Got lots of comments on how good it sounded!

Then you have the added awesomeness of pressing a button and the car had a stock exhaust again. Highly recommended!

Top Bottom