My New Evo 6.5

G

Unregistered
nah, i was always overtaking or slowing to avoid hitting another car. im hoping to do a modern regularity session in the next couple of months and therefore less cars and officially timed. im hoping and expecting to do a low-mid 1min 20sec's...which isnt overly fast but for my level of experience, id be pretty fkn stoked!

simon, same compound as...? stock?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Stephen,
No i'm trying to get info from you to help diagnose why you're locking the rears. You've told me your running Mu pads, im asking which one and if they're the same front and back.
If it is, then try a lower heat range rear pad it won't help as much during braking and may help prevent rears locking.
What is the spring rate front compared to rear? If there is a big disparity it won't be helping the weight transfer- again locking rears.
Ultimately, if the above is fine, then a bias adjuster will fix it...illegal but what isn't on our cars these days :)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hey Steve, I can not believe this is the first time I have seen this thread. AWESOME score dude, I love the EVO's just couldn't afford one so got the VR-4. Not that that's a bad thing.
I always loved the 6.5,7 and 9's
Your's looks perfect though, very, very nice pick up mate

G

Unregistered
simon,
the rear brake issue has been identified (we hope), its just a faulty abs sensor on my front right wheel according to the MUT scan that was hooked up last week, however the whole time i was at the track i never once locked up any brakes or had any braking issue apart from slight brake fade towards the end of the day which can be fixed with some braided lines, better fluid...and tempted to get rid of the cross drilled and slotted rotors and put just slotted or even the stock brembo discs on as a few evo people reckon they are better than the dba/rda ones :confused:

thank jase - pretty stoked with it!

G

Unregistered
it will be for sale shortly once i find the money to register it...unless you're in vic then its for sale now (has vic rego!)

G

Unregistered
evo will be for sale, legnum will stay for just that little bit longer and then once ive sorted myself out financially, the legnum will go as well.

G

Unregistered
EOI on this atm. $25k with stockies or $27k with the gram lites.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Remove the "k" from the price and I will come and get it for $27 cash today, lol
Bummer dude, I am sure it will sell. Even though I am as sure you don't want it to. On the bright side you still have the Leggy - Bigger boot/load space, extra turbo, 25% larger engine - all good stuff

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Damn, I'd totally take it if I could :(

G

Unregistered
mid 20k's is on par with TME's...normal GSR's are low 20k's...all comes down to wat condition, the mods etc, also being an aus delivered model they are still slightly more than the jdm models.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
also being an aus delivered model they are still slightly more than the jdm models.

That's always confused me, TBH. They all came in under the same scheme.

But yeah, yours is very nice, you should get someone keen.

G

Unregistered
slightly different specs/features and cheaper insurance etc as its not classed as an import as it was sold here brand new :)

G

Unregistered
Very nice Car Stephen.
Definately the evo 5 and 6.5 are my favorites.
The evo 5 with the evo 6 kit that is.
Hope you had fun owning it for a while as I too would come and make you an offer if I was in Melbourne but will be back next year so I may hunt this car down then.
Good luck and hope the new buyer appreciates the car as its a real weapon.

Top Bottom