No Power

Leggs

Crunching Gears
First Name
Adrian
Drive
98 Legnum
Afternoon everyone,

Yesterday afternoon i was driving my lovely Legnum through suburban Melbourne when all of a sudden i went to accelerate and there was no power there! it just bogged down coming off about 1500rpm, i backed off and tried again and it worked fine!!

This has happened to me a dozen more times in the last 24hours

any ideas?

Just to save a few questions the car is stock....no boost, no exhaust, no pod!

any help would be great.

Cheers

Adrian

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
First off, check for vaccum/boost leaks. Ensure all your clamps are tight, there are no splits in any hoses, and check your trans fluid level/colour.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What gearbox, what gear were you in, did it stutter or just not move at all, what octane are you running, and have you ever reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for ~10min?

Leggs

Crunching Gears
First Name
Adrian
Drive
98 Legnum
It's a Manual and there was no shudder...there was nothing at all.

Shall check it out, the boost leak theory i'm not sure works as the car pulls hard as ever under load, it just seems to be off idle that there is a problem.

Have a great weekend all.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
all of a sudden i went to accelerate and there was no power there! it just bogged down coming off about 1500rpm, i backed off and tried again and it worked fine!!
Define 'bogged down'. Do you mean it was like putting your foot flat to the floor and taking off from a standing start in fifth gear? Or do you mean it simply didn't respond?

My car was doing something odd where I'd put my foot on the gas and it took a good two seconds before it did anything, and then it was like being strapped to a rocket. At this stage I believe I've got a busted seal in the transmission, causing oil to spray up over the flywheel :banghead: Hopefully you don't have anything nearly so painful...

Top Bottom