No Power

G

Unregistered
Hi All

I have noticed that my Series 1 VR4 tiptronic Galant appears to be running very sluggish like there is no turbo or no boost happening.

I have had a computer plugged into it and it did not find any fault codes at all.
However everytime I try to push the accelerator down almost red lineing it, I noticed the TCL light starts flashing on the dash.
It has been said to me that the TCL might be playing up and restricting the power or boost.

I don't actully think the electronics surrounding the TCL might cause any issues.

ABS is working fine and there is no smoke blowing out of the exhaust. Though after everytime I push down hard it jitters when it comes to a stop. (the REVS dips down to 400-500 then goes back up to 700)

Would this be caused by a leaking BOV? I do notice there is a hissing or leaking noise near the throttle cable area.

Every thing else is running fine.

Is there anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks
Jay

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
have you checked your tcl canister?! i think its a white beige color mounted on the firewall near the throttle body.. check it for hairline cracks.. vr4rocket had similar issues (from memory)

also i think your g/box is in limp mode means there's an issue somewhere that the g/box detected...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I would suggest the TCL canister as well. It is a little cylinder on the firewall. If not, check for air leaks in all the pipework.

Does it ever feel like the brakes are being applied?

G

Unregistered
I will check the canister though would it be a simple patch up if there was a leak of some sort?

No it does not feel like the breaks are applied.

Even if the gear box was in limp mode you still should be able to feel some sort of boost.

Thanks

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Doesn't really sound like a boost leak as the car would die in the ass from running too rich when its supposed to come on boost.....

Also, gearbox limp mode will dump it in third and lock it there :)

I agree with the boys about the TCL cannister

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
I had a crack in the TCL Solinoid....BUT did not cause any feeling of loss of boost...just kept turning on the Engine Warning Light and the TCL Off lights. I just put glue all over it...ugly job but effective.

Top Bottom