[NSW] Sydney meet

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
No no no no Paul not a cruise to Wollomi !!

That's almost getting to the Hunter, which means the missus will make me do more wedding stuff ! :ROFLMAO:

Plus I'll might as well drive straight home from there hehe ;)

Oh.... I'm hoping there's going to be other colours at this meet too ! I don't want to be the only NON bloody purple car there AGAIN !!!!!!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
hahaha!!! We don't have to...I can think of heaps of other routes to go on, depending on how big of a day we want to make of it. We could go Bells Line to Lithgow, cut across Mount Victoria, back on the Gt Western Hwy, down springwood road then back to the M4 and back to Homebush. Or if we're feeling adventurous we could go to Bathurst and Mt Panorama ;) We'd probably be the first 8th gen VR4s on the track ever :D

Or if someone else can think of some other route, please speak up, I'm only good with mountains cruises :D

G

Unregistered
Hey hey! First post for me :) I'm keen to see some other Legnums in the flesh. Count me in!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Excellent :D The more the merrier!

So just to get these details sorted as it's not that far away, please speak up if these details are no good :)

The 2nd NSW OZVR4 Meet

Date: 29th March 2008
Meet Point: P6f Carpark, Sydney Olympic Park, Homebush.
Time: 8am for a 9am departure (This is just a guess...so please speak up if it's too early!!)
Route: Please speak up about this one too. Bathurst is a good 2-3 hours from Homebush. Lithgow is roughly half that. If anyone has a better route, let us know

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
sorry paul i thinks i may have been the first VR-4 on panorama, as its only half an hour from home,and might i say it loved it :ROFLMAO:...im keen too, should be up and running again by then, but still have 2 busted doors.:(

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Damnit :p You spoiled my fun :p

Though...maybe I can be the first 8g Galant on the Mountain???? :D

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Well the Legnum now has a cracked radiator.

So now I am waiting for that to arrive.

Will be touch & go whether I'll make this meet coming up now :cool:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Is it just the end tank(s)? If so, they're not expensive to replace.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Won't know for sure until I see the car this evening.

It's at MEEK & they had done the lifters & sparkplugs & rocker cover gaskets.

They rang to ask me how long did I know the radiator was cracked ?

They're getting a genuine Mitsu radiator... can't remember exactly how much all up but it wasn't cheap at all.... but they said the crack was pretty major. I don't know enough crap about this stuff yet... :cool:

If I get there & they haven't ordered it yet I"ll try & source something but I really want the car ready in time for the meet.

Cheers guys.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Fair enough. I'd trust what they say. If something is major they'll tell you. If it's minor they'll be honest.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yea I had a big radiator discussion with them last night. They sure know what they're talking about so I wasn't going to try & come up with something better.

Left it with them & they're getting a genuine Mitsubishi radiator for it....

But yea it will be touch & go whether I'm ready for the meet.

On the other hand, NO MORE LIFTER NOISE ! Hurrah !

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yep sure did .... think the container is still sitting on the floor of the car when I left it ay mum's. Drove it slowly & steadily from Girraween to Merrylands to park it at my parent's place for safe keeping for 2 weeks.

Am DYING to have it ready for the meet !

G

Unregistered
Sounds like a serive we all should get at some stage.
Do you have the price of the service eg, lifters, gasket...?

Yea I hope your ready by then too:)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I'm going to book mine in for the very beginning of April, this'll be the 2nd service at Meek. I hope they can do weekend servicing, because I can't possibly get any time off work :(

Have we decided on a cruise route?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
OK Emanuel are you ready ? This is the breakdown of the service they did just before ;

24 Hydraulic LIfters = $321.60
5 Rocker Cover Gaskets = $80.85
(I already bought 1 in the previous visit for the servicing)
6 NGK iridium Sparkplugs = $99.00
& the real killer ;
Labour = $440.00

All up, $941.45
They mentioned that it's a real bitch of a job to do too on these engines. When I got there they had the bonnet up & there were a few EVO guys staring at the engine hehe...

Then I am up for about $800 odd dollars for the radiator & labour when that comes in. So yea as you guys might know I've spend a fair bit on this car !

Paul, I know they CAN do Saturday work but it must be made as a prior arrangement. Seeing as you've already been there, & they DO remember your car & your name you should be ok with it....

Cheers guys & goodnight ;)

G

Unregistered
Thanks Brad that gives me an idea for if i ever need all that done.

I'd be up for Bathurst, I've never been there before. Maybe meet at Penrith or Richmond as its near the start of the trip and if there is enough interest then head to Bathurst??? or plan A

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
OK, well, bad news from me anyways...

Even if the Legnum is ready for the meet, I won't be able to come for a cruise.

I'm sourcing parts for my other car, a Mazda 929, & I need to go to a place in Moorebank on that Saturday so that rules me out for cruising.

If the car's ready, I'll be along for the meet at Homebush though. Hell, even if it's not ready, I'll still drop by.

Top Bottom