Status
Not open for further replies.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
This thread is to be the centre for all dumb or lazy questions. Things like how do I make my VR-4 go faster, does this VR-4 have AYC, what wheels fit, etc.

You are allowed to make posts in here and you may or may not be lucky enough to get a response. Noone however is allowed to reply telling someone to search :)

The other way posts will get in here is if the mod team decides that a new thread was created without searching or any thought process at all. Rather than locking the thread it will simply disappear from it's own listing and will end up in here instead. As above, it may or may not get a response depending on whether any member can or can't be bothered to reply to it.

Also note that if a question is actually really good or sparks some interesting discussion, it will be split out into it's own thread.

I'm going to go first as an example:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I'm looking at a 1996 manual galant, will it have ayc and can I fit brembo's to it

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yes it will have AYC and you can fit brembos with a set of facelift hub carriers and abs sensors

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
heh, try to keep it VR-4 related :)

I'm just going it trial it for a week or two and see how well it goes. Hopefully it will reduce the amount of pointless and lazy threads.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Do you think my new Pink Leather Racing Boots
are prettttttttttttty????

racingboots.jpg

:ROFLMAO::redface::ROFLMAO:

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
speaking from an aerodynamic point of view. the velocity of such sticker is only effective for kw gain when appliced to the back window.

I have to disagree. The leading edge of the sticker may be designed to actually provide lift or downforce (depending whether or not it's upside down or not like a plane wing) if applied to wind receiving area of the vehicle. :wanker:

Extra downforce/lift though would need to outweight the extra weight provided by the adoption of the aforementioned sticker. The subsequent Votex generation created at spee may however, be irrelevant if the amount of laughing by people as you pass by exceeds an 85db threshold.

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
On a S2 how do I get all four fog lights on, only two come on with the button? Thanks

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
On a S2 how do I get all four fog lights on, only two come on with the button? Thanks
well, above the coin holders on your right, thre is a pannel with a space you can put extra switches in for other two that does not come in. Mits when almost bankrupt for making 4 fog lights back in those days:banghead:

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
It's easy to get all the lights on, first reconnect outer lights that were disconnected for australian compliance and then turn a left and right corner at same time whilst indicating.

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
thanks, now how do i do that. Is there a tute?

G

Unregistered
I'm curious, anyone here owned or still own a Stagea, and what convinced you to move to the Legnum instead?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I'm curious, anyone here owned or still own a Stagea, and what convinced you to move to the Legnum instead?

I was looking for a Stagea as a family car before i bought the Leggie, i had always loved Nissan's and after losing my beloved S13 i was keen to get anther turbo Nissan. I just found the sheer bulk of the Stagea and its very poor fuel economy (not that much better in the Leggie), the 5sp Auto versus the 4sp (Stagea's are also hard to find in manual), The smoother lines of the Mitsi v the Boxie shape of the same year model Stagea and AYC big selling points for the Mitsi. One thing i will give the later model Stagea's is their build quality, the couple of later model top o line models i drove had a very nice classy interior i.e. even though it is still full of plastic it just doesn't feel that way.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....

From memory I believe Emanuel (____ET____) used to have a Stagea before getting his Legnum. Let's see if he sees this thread.

As for myself, I was also looking at the Stageas. To be more precise, I was looking at the later version (M35?), as there was a variant that came with both 4WD and HICAS 4 wheel steering & raised suspension. I just couldn't find one in the time I had & have never seen one for sale since.

4sp vs 5sp also won me to the Legnum, as did the AYC & all the safety gizmos. Just wish it had cruise control AND 4WS ! Our turning circles are C-R-A-P !

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Should I put my manual boost controller into the vacuum line of my BOV?

No you are the dumb. There is a guide in the how to / guides section to install your MBC.

kthxbai.

Where is the NOS button in my car I thought all turbo cars had NOS like the fast and the furious.

No they do not. You are the dumb.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Hicas isn't anything worth having I don't think. My brother had a R32 GTS-T and the HICAS was a pain in the a%^ when you wanted to hang the rear out. I think that is why you can buy lock out bars for the rear of skylines.

OOPS this almost is a decent post. Wrong thread. SORRY!

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I too am was looking for a Stag, being a Nissan man from my Bluebird (CA18DET conversion & R32), but the Volvo looks, poor handling stock (compared to the leggy), fuel economy, and the fact that it had to be manual turned me off (loved the feel of the manual box in the one I did drive though). The extra size and weight also made the Stag feel a like a slug too. Add to that the price difference, gave me more 'slush funds' for the leggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom