Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Anyone used Goo-net to buy a car. How did you go about doing it.

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
I swear my heater used to work by turning the dial to the desired temp using non circulated air and without using the fan. Either i've lost my soul and cant feel heat or i've just lost heat all together in my car.

Ideas?
i believe that is just hot air from the engine bay, your heater is not actually on....

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Anyone used Goo-net to buy a car. How did you go about doing it.
I might be to buy my next one. I just had a broker (iron chef) check the car out.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Mac - I do that all the time and you will get a bit of air through but it is only noticable as your car speed increases as that is the only thing that is going to move air through the car.

G

Unregistered
where is the factory b.o.v

and how to put aftermarket 1 on

G

Unregistered
i spent an hour trying to find mine coz my car was to low to get up on ramps. but i think i found it eventually and its underneath the car near the front left wheel and fog light. you will need to buy or make a flange that can fit your bov to the standard pipework so you can bolt it on.

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
Mac - I do that all the time and you will get a bit of air through but it is only noticable as your car speed increases as that is the only thing that is going to move air through the car.

I think its official, I dont have heat in my car. I tried using the automatic climate control set to 30 degrees etc and i'm getting cold air.

What should I do???

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I think its official, I dont have heat in my car. I tried using the automatic climate control set to 30 degrees etc and i'm getting cold air.

What should I do???

Disconnect your battery to reset ECU, then pull out the C/C unit from your dash, unplug it, then reconnect it (Properly, double check that it has clicked in with no dust or shit in the connectors). I couldn't get A/C working but could get the fan on mine once, and that fixed it up for me :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
sweet, cheers for that I'll have squizz over the weekend!

No worries bro. Should only take about 10 minutes to do it :)

Just to let you know, there is a hose that connects to the back of the dial, make sure its on (Mine has fallen off before as its not very secure)

Let us know how you go!

G

Unregistered
Here's a too lazy question.. without me taking a wheel off to try it, will the facelift standard 225/50R16s fit into the spare wheel well and does the boot floor cover sit down properly flat?

I'm considering getting a full size spare to replace the semi-spacesaver that's in there at the moment.

G

Unregistered
Not without cutting into the plastic.

Would it help if it was a cheapo steel rim rather than a factory alloy?

Interesting, so that means if we get a flat even with a standard rim it's gotta be chucked up top in the cargo area rather that down in the well. Darn..

What do those people running larger diameter rims do for a spare? Still try to get by with the space-saver if they get a flat?

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
larger diameter wheels are still the same overall diameter so space saver will still be ok

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
The only way it would help is if you found a 155-175 wide tyre and wheel combination that was fairly tall and close in radius to the current size you are running. IE 165/70/16 is quite close to 225/45/17

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Rather then posting this in Ivan's "shop" forum for the new brakes he is selling i will post it here.

"This IS a noob question but why would you have 4 different size pistons? Wont that cause uneven pressure distribution on the brake pad? "

I am referring to the new 6 & 8 piston brakes he is selling.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
why would you have 4 different size pistons? Wont that cause uneven pressure distribution on the brake pad?.
No, pressure will be equal through each of the pistons, as pressure exerted on the back of the pistons is equal. The purpose of having multiple brake pistons is twofold - first and most importantly, you have greater heat transfer from the pad into the calliper, improving cooling. Secondly the brakes are more reliable as wear is spread over multiple pistons instead of just one or two. Neither of these features is of concern to anyone driving a pure road car, but for track use this will make the difference between brakes which last the session and those that overheat and fade.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
To further what Trev said, almost all 4 and greater piston calipers have the pistons sized differently, it is something to do with how the brake disc touches the rotors at high speeds and the way the force is distributed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom