Not open for further replies.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
um.. i think this is the top ten "search-less" questions
1. whats the difference between fl and pre fl?
2. can i fit the brembos on my stock wheels?
3. How do i fit a boost controller?
4. my fuel consumption is bad. could it be because of o2 sensor?
5. has anyone done stealth sub box?
6. anyone done car pc yet?
7. when should i service ayc?
8. any good place for service my car?
9. maximum psi i can run on stock internals?
and finally
10. How i buy a legnum/galant?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
You pretty much summed it up Jono, I will just not bother answering any of them lol

Q: Will these 18x7 +45 wheels fit?

A: Go away.

PMSL.....

Q. Is that Tim in a bucket of win?

A. "Why yes sire, how did you know?"

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
Q) Why do my rush adjusters go tisk, tisk, tisk? but it stops when my temputure gauge has reached past the first 2 dots on the dial!

A) Your smart enough to work out it's the lash adjusters use "SEARCH"

Doh!

But on a more serious note, does any one have the size of the tool to push your valve seats back for a port and polish?
I dont want a mist I want a fog :ROFLMAO:

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Haha spotting a recently locked thread about cut keys.. Got me searching about this issue, but I couldn't find anything, as all the topics were about the central locking thing..

Since I have an aftermarket alarm none of that really applied to me..

My question is though, I got my drivers key cut at a MrMinit place, and the key won't turn the ignition! What the? It opens the doors and boots, but won't turn the ignition thing LOL.. WTF?

Anyone able to explain this? Just a dodgy cut?

My actual car key has a bend in it from being turned too much or too hard, and has grinds in it from some random as thing, and I don't want it to wear thin and SNAP on me!

I'll upload pics..

So like, do our keys have an immobilizer thing built in to the key itself?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
From reading elsewhere on the site there is no inbuilt immobilizer just a normal metal key. I have 3 keys 2 with black bases and one plain silver they all start the car though.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Dido what David said, i have a spare key (also cut by the same mob as you Tom) and it opens doors and start the car, but having said that, it is not as smooth in the ignition barrel as the stock key:confused:

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
This is what my key looks like, and it was like that when I got the car, no idea what the original owner had done! (Yay for discovering I can email myself photos off my N95 lol)

key1.jpg

key2.jpg

I might just go get another key cut.. The people probably did a dodgy as job..

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Compliance apparently grind the numbers off, that is why there is a big grind mark it is where the key numbers were.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
who wants to wire my SAFC? 2 x 6packs.............

couldn't be bothered splicing and soldering ahehehe

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
Haha spotting a recently locked thread about cut keys.. Got me searching about this issue, but I couldn't find anything, as all the topics were about the central locking thing..

Since I have an aftermarket alarm none of that really applied to me..

My question is though, I got my drivers key cut at a MrMinit place, and the key won't turn the ignition! What the? It opens the doors and boots, but won't turn the ignition thing LOL.. WTF?

Anyone able to explain this? Just a dodgy cut?

My actual car key has a bend in it from being turned too much or too hard, and has grinds in it from some random as thing, and I don't want it to wear thin and SNAP on me!

I'll upload pics..

So like, do our keys have an immobilizer thing built in to the key itself?

hmmm.....im not sure what it's called or how to explain it but basically, ignition locks read more detail on the key, you could try taking the lock to the locksmith and getting a key cut from that, boot lock usually works better than doors due to it being less worn

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
ok, i got a stupid question and im too lazy to go searching for pics......is there any difference between facelift and prefacelift galant rear ends, like tailights or bumpers...?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
who wants to wire my SAFC? 2 x 6packs.............

couldn't be bothered splicing and soldering ahehehe

I will mate, i done mine, it was fun:confused:
Just keep the 2x6 packs and put that towards the trip to the Goldie:ROFLMAO:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Razza - the tail lights are slightly different and the number plate surround area is slightly different. Probably the best way to get pics showing the difference would be to go into members rides threads of people that have Galants and look for a few facelifts and a few prefacelifts.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
yeah i also noticed my key has the number/code scratched off, can still faintly see it tho. any idea why this is? or why its a compliance issue?

G

Unregistered
yeah i also noticed my key has the number/code scratched off, can still faintly see it tho. any idea why this is? or why its a compliance issue?

i got a spare key cut recently because i was worried id lose mine. i can unlock the doors fine but it wont lock them quite so easy. have to force it a bit. so ive been to worried if i put it in the ignition i wont get it out so havent tried it.

on a different note....
is there an aftermarket intercooler size and shape that can fit into our standard front bumper and piping. just want one to replace standard and dont have money for a full kit including piping

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Dont think you can get straight aftermarket replacements, but you can get them with only the right side bit of piping needing changing. i think

G

Unregistered
yeah i wouldnt mind if i had to modify just the front pipes. do you know what size cooler will fit without modifying the front bar itself? i can prob find some front pipes to fit if they are not to big

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
lol is this thread thanks to me and my just a few questions thread ahahaa looks like i am the site idiot lol still love my leggie

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
I swear my heater used to work by turning the dial to the desired temp using non circulated air and without using the fan. Either i've lost my soul and cant feel heat or i've just lost heat all together in my car.

Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom