Official too lazy to search/stupid questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I have noticed with my tip, with up shift anyway, that i barely have to move it before it shifts.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
what's the outside diameter of our turbo inlets?

sorry I can't find it anywhere..

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
its not a stupid question then :D could have had a post about it ;)

...i want one of whatever you're making... thanks! :)

mickelmaster

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Michael
Drive
91 Madaz MX-5
Theres no such thing as stupid question... on the other hand though there are alot of inquisitive idiots.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I always just push up as hard and as quickly as possible

Christian, about 33mm sounds familiar

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
I've had a quick search and can't seem to find anything, so...

Does anyone have any information on the crash ratings of the Legnum?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Define crash rating? You mean, how safe is it if you crash into a stationary object at 60km/h? Upgrade your brakes and tyres and you'll avoid it altogether ;)

Seriously though, I couldn't begin to tell you where you could find this info for ANY car... Although I strongly suspect there are likely to be databases that would have this info for just about all cars, so if you can find one, you've probably found the lot :)

G

Unregistered
Define crash rating? You mean, how safe is it if you crash into a stationary object at 60km/h? Upgrade your brakes and tyres and you'll avoid it altogether ;)

Seriously though, I couldn't begin to tell you where you could find this info for ANY car... Although I strongly suspect there are likely to be databases that would have this info for just about all cars, so if you can find one, you've probably found the lot :)

I think there used to be a booklet produced that had all the crash ratings of locally sold vehicles, so it must be on the web now. But since our cars were never officially sold here they won't be listed.

As a previously long-term motorbike rider I never bother worrying about crash ratings for cars. The idea is not to crash.

However I would have thought that the VR-4s features such as ABS, Airbags, 4WD, AYC (plus TCL etc) would have rated it pretty highly.

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
However I would have thought that the VR-4s features such as ABS, Airbags, 4WD, AYC (plus TCL etc) would have rated it pretty highly.

Whilst all those features are great to help avoid the crash, don't the ratings work on the basis of what happens to the occupants/vehicle WHEN you crash?

G

Unregistered

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
G

Unregistered
First time post in the to lazy to search area :p

Okay, Engine Warning Light is coming on but I'm stumped as to why. It first came on Friday night driving home at about 1am, doing 110km/h in 4th gear at about 3750rpm. So I pulled over, I couldn't hear anything wrong with her, she was still running okay, so I turned it off and started it back up again and it was gone.

Drove around all day Saturday, staying under 3500rmp and not a problem.

Took it for a cruise on Sunday getting her up into the 4k - 6k rmp range (never redlining it) and the light comes on again. This time I pulled over popped the bonnet and had a bit of a look. Now there are no strange noises, she is running beautifully and she still has kick when the lights on.

Shes going to the mechanic on Thursday for her regular check up and I'm going to get him to have a look at it. But if anyone else has had some similar problems I would like to hear about them.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Brocky.. I'd say pull of the ecu error codes.. that way we can narrow down to what the issue is..

G

Unregistered
Brocky.. I'd say pull of the ecu error codes.. that way we can narrow down to what the issue is..

Thanks Christian, sometimes my brain just ain't functioning properly. You won't see me back in this thread again :p

Bad-Karma

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4
My stupid/lazy question. Whats the cost to have the AYC fluid changed in a Legnum ? I'm in western sydney so it will probably end up at Meek if that helps.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
My stupid/lazy question. Whats the cost to have the AYC fluid changed in a Legnum ? I'm in western sydney so it will probably end up at Meek if that helps.
$157 @ MEEK had mine done last week

Bad-Karma

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4
Sweet, thanks. Once the new coilovers get here and are installed, i think the AYC will be my next port of call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom