Other Hot Wagon. Audi RS6

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
From the Herald Sun Drive section (14/09/07).

hotwagon.jpg

*np - Brad, there was a full page used car review on your new toy. I'll scan this one too when I get the chance.

G

Unregistered
I saw this today as well, and loved it. The RS6 is the monster of all Wagon's. Twin Turbo V10 FTW Add to these two the M5 Estate and that is 3 crazy ways to carry your shopping around in

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thats one of the first Mercedes' that I actaully like the look of :)

Not that I will ever be able to afford one of these !!!

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
crazy ways to carry your shopping around in

Speaking of which - tonight was the first time I carried a load of groceries in the Legnum.. :D (also the first time I'd driven it after dark!)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Oooohhh, can't wait for that scan! I'm betting it wasn't an 850CSi though :)

The new RS6 is the perfect wagon in my opinion, the aggressive looks and overall stance is perfect, and the engine isn't bad either!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
what? they didn't even cover the 850CSi....it's like it doesn't exist! Still seemed to be fairly favourable of it though, even though they spent most of the time talking about the girlish 840

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Was the 850CSi available in Australia? Because generally, they only review those that were.

Interesting enough, it was a review of the old Aussie Gen 6 Galant VR4's that go me onto the Legnum!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
there were only 160 RHD ones ever made, and over 150 of them were sold in the UK! None were sold in Au or NZ new.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
There is some shocking editing (or lack of) in that article:

"The C63 Estate's V8 engine produces 340nm and 600nm through a seven speed gearbox..."

My choice though - RS 6 FTW :)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I'd say the first one is 340kw. Although if it was the other way around (340nm and 600kw) it would be interesting driving and probably rev to 16,000rpm :)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Voting +1 for the Audi here. Although $200,000 vs $16,000 (when I'm done with it) I'm glad I get a taste of what it's like.

Top Bottom