Penrite specific oil feedback

G

Unregistered
As there are now a lot of different threads on oil, I thought it might be good to make a couple of specific brands of oil threads that we can leave feedback on.

Penrite oil, gearbox oils, diff oils....... any Penrite oil product let us know how it performs, any problems, tapping after .....KM’s and what your using.

I am currently using some Penrite SIN 0 (0W50) in my engine.
The car now has no tapping on start up. Time will tell how it goes nearer the 5000KM mark.
So far only once on start up , it did tap for about ½ a second today. That’s it so far.

G

Unregistered
oils

Hey i use Penrite in my FTO & now my Galant ive never had a prob with it.
As there are now a lot of different threads on oil, I thought it might be good to make a couple of specific brands of oil threads that we can leave feedback on.

Penrite oil, gearbox oils, diff oils....... any Penrite oil product let us know how it performs, any problems, tapping after .....KM’s and what your using.

I am currently using some Penrite SIN 0 (0W50) in my engine.
The car now has no tapping on start up. Time will tell how it goes nearer the 5000KM mark.
So far only once on start up , it did tap for about ½ a second today. That’s it so far.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
For some reason (noobishness), I'm running 10w70 Penrite SYN but with no problems at the moment. Will change to a lighter weight oil on my next change.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Been using Penrite SIN 0w50 for about a month now. Lifter noise still present briefly on cold mornings.

G

Unregistered
im using the syn 5w60 full synth and i get lifter noise for bout a second when i start the car then it go's.. i love the penrite syn its a great oil and having no probs with it at all.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I don't see why all you guys continue to use such thick oil's when mitsi themselves recommend a xW30 oil

G

Unregistered
Done 2000km with the Penrite SIN 0 and the tapping has now come back. Thats about the same as the last lot of oil I used (Royal purple)

Probably just get my lifters replaced later on.

G

Unregistered
put amsoil 0w30 in it!
OK will do on next oil change
Is there only one type of 0W30 they have?
EDIT: Just wanted to say I have been using AMSOIL and the ticking is back so by the looks of it all the good oils have not really made a difference as ticking just comes after a 2k km....
Maybe an additive libe pro-ma might do the trick.

sso_quart_350pxh.jpg

G

Unregistered
I don't see why all you guys continue to use such thick oil's when mitsi themselves recommend a xW30 oil

Brad does make a good point here. The Mitsu Recomendation is for a 5w/30 (With some variance for climate as one would expect, I personally use a 0w/30 as sunlight is a rarity over here). Given that the Japanese climate is reasonably warm in the summer, I would not stray too far from this.

More to the point, this may provide some reasoning why using a 60 hot weight oil isn't really required and long term may in fact be detrimental. The poster is a respected oil supplier to many enthusiast clubs in the UK and isn't tied to one particular brand:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110674&postcount=1

Top Bottom