Amsoil specific oil feedback

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Yeah I noticed that too - bastards. But it's so convienient having them on the coast :)

Maybe we can try and synchronise services in future and get a group discount...

I am keen for that, i want to use Amsoil in my tranny and in the engine next service. I have done only 3k since my major service so it wont be for a few months yet. Just have to wait to see the outcome of my leaking water pump to see if i'll be able to afford the top shelf product

G

Unregistered
Picked up some more oil from Peter and Tracey today (WA). Unfortunately the price for the filter has gone up a bit, but because of the improving dollar the price of the oil hasn't changed which was a bit of a bonus.

However, the main reason why I'm posting this is that apparently there is a new dual bypass filter kit which is about half the price of the previous kit, or something like that, which now makes it an attractive option. Given the interest involved with these kits, they said they may be ordering some in the near future.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
It would have to be cheaper - the existing pricing is ridiculous - local price was more than twice the US$ price :banghead: Not Tracy's fault, its what she was being charged by everyone in between.

GSRSOL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
CD5A/CE9A Hybird
Team4G have a lubricant sponsor who supplies Amsoil, Redline and Royal Purple Oils for very very good prices, located in Heidelberg, if any Melbournites are keen ....

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Just read the whole thread and would like to hopefully 'confirm' what oil rating should be used.

Im on melbourne so obviously this time of the year its pretty cold.

Judging by what you blokes are aiming for (0w30), I would think 5w30 for my car. (I have 70,000k's on the clock)

Can anyone agree or recommend that?

Cheers.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Yes, 5w30 is what I use in my car and it's what Mitsubishi recommends.

Top Bottom