Amsoil specific oil feedback

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I just got some from Kath Pavier, who charged me $75 for 5L of TSO 0w30 as she did several months ago.

That's excluding shipping and GST though. Shipping was $15 and now that I read the invoice carefully, she charged GST on the total inclusive of shipping. Is she supposed to do that?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
It would be interesting to see what the lifters look like next oil change. Is this the first time your’ve seen his lifters? I mean if the lifters have been bad for a while and are already discoloured I think old oil no matter what sort it is will look dirty.

When I drained my last lot of amsoil less than 5000k’s it was really dark like any other oil.
I do agree though a fresh lot of amsoil does feel good, but still ticked after oil flush and fresh amsoil. Proma has fixed the tick though.

Another question would amsoil be suitable for a track day? (as its so thin)

Paul I also found no benefit from Amsoil and have considered the ProMa addative. How long have you had it in your car for now? just wondering about long term viability of this, or just bite the bullet and get new lifters.

G

Unregistered
For the WA guys, I emailed Kathleen in regards to purchasing some Amsoil and she replied saying that Peter & Tracey Harrison are the distributors in WA now. I can confirm this as I just picked some up :D

They can be contacted on Ph: 9297 6922 and Mobile: 0419 965 590. And bonus for the NOR guys, they are based in Ellenbrook.

Unfortunately Tracy was saying that a price increase is happening in the near future (understandable) and there should be about a 30% price increase. She also said if anyone needs anything, they can still get it at the old price, just until stock runs out of course.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Thanks Steve! I was hoping this would happen, but after the last time I talked to the Harrisons I didn't want to impose on them again.

I'm-a get my fix next week :)

leekscurlock

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lee
Drive
VR4 Legnum
Just to confirm guys, i spoke to tracey harrison today (WA Dealer) they have taken control of amsoil distribution, she says that they have pretty much everything in stock apart from the filters but they are going to be putting in an order for another batch, so they should have a few in stock soon. They are based in ellenbrook but i think that peter works in vic park so a little closer to people in the city area so you can pick up from there.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I have to do another oil change very soon and want to use Amsoil again, but seeing as it has gone up a bit through our new supplier here in QLD ( as Peter has pointed out ), and also the price of the filter, can i get away with using a different type of oil filter? I mean last time through Ross Lawson i paid Just on $100 for 5 q of oil, Amsoil filter and delivery. Now as per Pete's post a filter alone is over $30 !! Even the $88 for the oil is getting up there but if i could save $20 on a filter that would at least offset it a bit..

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Just to confirm guys, i spoke to tracey harrison today (WA Dealer) they have taken control of amsoil distribution, she says that they have pretty much everything in stock apart from the filters but they are going to be putting in an order for another batch, so they should have a few in stock soon. They are based in ellenbrook but i think that peter works in vic park so a little closer to people in the city area so you can pick up from there.

Have you got a Vic park address?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
The AMSOIL supplier in QLD has changed the following is an email from the new dealer

Hi Peter;
Thanks for your inquiry on AMSOIL products ,your account as follows-
1x ATM5L @ $88.09
1XEAO44 @ $34.48
Plus Freight and handling
Let me no if you want to proceed with order ,along with your address Regards Carl.
Carl Hyland
Parts & Logistics Manager
Enginecare Systems Australasia P/L
P O Box 2738
Nerang QLD 4211

Unit 12 Mudgeeraba Industrial Park
30 Mudgeeraba Road
Gold Coast 4213

Ph 1300 774 662
fax 07 55306 300
mob 0458 256 693
email parts@enginecare.com.au
www.enginecare.com.au

Don't know about the rest of you but that price is a fair bit more than the last time I brought some.

Hi Trevor
Thanks for your inquiry regarding AMSOIL products
Quote for 1 X SSO5L OW 30 @ $96.57 PLUS GST $106.23
1 X ASL5L 5 W 30 @ $ 80.09 PLUS GST $88.09
1X EAO 22 @$ 27.50 PLUS GST $30.25
2 X ATF5L @ $ 90.00 EACH PLUS GST $198.00
Plus freight Regards Carl.

Just had this quote from the same place Peter did but i dont understand the difference in oils ( part numbers ) quoted to me and quoted to Pete:confused:
Also the part numbers for the filters are different.
Should 2 x 5ltr for atf be enough to do a change?

leekscurlock

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lee
Drive
VR4 Legnum
Best isea is to call Peter or Tracey, they are based in ellenbrook but peters day job is in vic park so he can take it to his other place of work and you can pick itup from there but its not their shop or anything so he can advertise or make a lot of noise about it. So just give them a call and they will arange something.
Cheers Lee

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Should 2 x 5ltr for atf be enough to do a change?

I paid for 10ltr Mitsubishi ATF $71, this should be enough for a flush. Got mine from Southside Mitsubishi in Cannington?!?

@Lee, thanks for the information!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Got an updated price for Amsoil in WA from Tracey & Peter from Synthetic Lubricants WA:

Gallon 10W30 = $66
Gallon 0W30 = $75
Quart 0W30 = $20
Engine flush = $11

Delivery within WA $8

OZVR4 members get 10% discount! Who ever arranged that deal, many thanks for that!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
LOL not me and I think I was the first one from here to buy from Dean. He never did get to see my car as he passed away before I finished the clutch :(

G

Unregistered
May have been me? Unless someone else went and bought after me and also told her about OZVR4?

leekscurlock

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lee
Drive
VR4 Legnum
That would be me, I spoke to Tracey over the phone and she said that some one had just bought some stuff from them, she said it was some one with a VR4 saloon, so guessed that that was you stephen and she confirmed that it was. I told her i would spread the news around OZVR4 that they are now dealing with amsoil in WA, she said that they would sort something out but didnt tell me exactly what so its nice to see that they are offering a discount to people on here.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Good on ya Lee :)

I'm seeing Tracy next week, I had a long chat on the phone to her this week and she intimated they may be interested in some kind of sponsorship deal for us too, but at the moment mentioning you're from OzVR4 will get you a discount.

Top Bottom