Planning on repainting my car...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey guys, just thought I'd ask for your suggestions..

Most of you know what recently happened to my car, and since there was a bit of damage to the guard and side skirt, I have to replace them. Luckily enough I'm getting the parts sooner than expected, but I still have to get them repainted to match my car's color..

now I was thinking of getting the whole car done. Since I'm not entirely happy with the repaint done on the rear part, I dont think the previous workshop who painted it added black as its noticeably greener than the rest of the panels.. another thing is, I have an aftermarket bonnet and mirrors which I would like installed & painted at the same time as well.. there's also several dents I would like to get fix and this was due to hail that qld recently received as well.. they're small enough, but enough to annoy me..

now, the color I would like is something like in this link posted below..

http://carsroute.com/vorsteiner-bmw-m3-e92-gtrs3/

I don't know if I'll ever have patience in maintaining a matte color, and I prefer a shiny, glossy paint. Would it work if I spray clear coat over that kind of paint/color? I imagine a paint shop would just mix up the paint for me.

btw, I'm not doing the paint.. most probably the preparation.. but definitely not the finishing job..

so what do you think? am I going crazy?

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
HJ Galant , CM5A GSR (project)
i wouldn't mind getting my car done in this

Magna09.jpg

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Dude that colour is nice, if you do respray the car that colour do a clear over base job.

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
HJ Galant , CM5A GSR (project)
wouldn't mind doin a few clear coats and maybe a fine marble through it

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Definitely spray the whole car, you'll be glad you didn't skimp on the job I know I was.

Top Bottom