Pop Survey! How far have you gone...

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Just drove to work this morning which is about a 20minute drive (in peak hour...yes life is tough) and when I got to work I noticed that I still hadn't reretracted? my mirrors.
I always thought I used my mirrors heaps but if I can get all the way to work in peak hour without evidently using them at all then it got me wondering...

so pop quiz!

How far have you driven before realising your mirrors are still folded in?

random easter query.....

Free easter egg to the driver who has gone the furthest

* The free part of the egg refers to the fat content, and the winner will have to buy it for themselves (and then take it home and go "aww, fark, I hate fat free shit" and then promptly throw it away...yay, great prize LOL!)

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Lol, furthest ive gone so far is like 50m through a car park. Bet my gf could drive to melbourne and back without noticing lol, swear she thinks theyre there for decoration

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Lol, furthest ive gone so far is like 50m through a car park. Bet my gf could drive to melbourne and back without noticing lol, swear she thinks theyre there for decoration

LOL! I hear you brother.
And on that note, my wife also seems to think that gutter rash is a fashion accessory too! (Aaaaaaaargh!)

MUNGEL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jess
Drive
99 Series II Legnum
Drove from Perth to Pinjarra last year sometime. tis about 95 - 100km's
oops :p

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Only ever done it once and that was because some fool had bumped my mirror and make it fold back. I drove about 2 kms before noticing. I rarely use this feature. My car is not a daily so that is probably why, and I always take 2 car spaces when parking in car parks.

G

Unregistered
from north bridge to fremantle . not that far . n kmon u dont need mirrors in the freeway . everything thats behinf u is losing anyways :p

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Only ever done it once and that was because some fool had bumped my mirror and make it fold back. I drove about 2 kms before noticing. I rarely use this feature. My car is not a daily so that is probably why, and I always take 2 car spaces when parking in car parks.

I am always tempted to do that, but to tell the truth, if i see a car parked across twospots, I usually feel like writing them a note (on their duco, with my keys!!) so with that in mind, I never have the guts to BE THAT MUCH OF A C*%T! LOL!
but if you can get away with it...all the power to you dude

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Hey in Tassie it is a bit more relaxed than some other states. I normally don't park too much in the middle, more like a really bad attempt at parking in a bay and next to a pole! I get paranoid I guess, I HATE TROLLEY DENTS. Some people really don't give a s&@!

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Hey in Tassie it is a bit more relaxed than some other states. I normally don't park too much in the middle, more like a really bad attempt at parking in a bay and next to a pole! I get paranoid I guess, I HATE TROLLEY DENTS. Some people really don't give a s&@!

OMG I hear you mate! and change the some people to ALL!
Ive had my car for about 3 months now and i already have 3 dents!

G

Unregistered
Hey you guys are all in need of a driver training course or stop smoking the ganja..
If you drive further then car park without your mirrors you are putting your hand up for a Mr Mackey(drugs are bad mmmm ok)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Bet my gf could drive to melbourne and back without noticing lol, swear she thinks theyre there for decoration

HAHAHA, Thats the best thing Ive heard in ages. Yeah i know too many people like that. Well i suppose if you dont have them out it just stops you seeing the tosser behind you tailgating :wanker:

I hate that people dont care about other peoples things, IE banging your car with their car door or trollys, I always try to park next to something expensive, as far away from the main entrance as possible or realy close to a pole. Only problem with that is it give people who cant park more room to get closer to you.:banghead:

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
*heh* About two feet, tops.

All my mates ride bikes (mmm, Hayabusa), so I'm used to always checkin' my blind spots :)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
one of my mirrors motors has always been stuffed so i never fold mine in. but jeez it shits me how much they get PUSHED in/out by all the wankers who dont look where they are going

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
*heh* About two feet, tops.

All my mates ride bikes (mmm, Hayabusa), so I'm used to always checkin' my blind spots :)

You know, I rode for 5 years so I have respect for that comment but.... the way bike riders (only some mind you) whip in and out of moving traffic and sit in your blind spot for ever, its almost like they want to die! Seriously, some days I feel like playing 'dumb' and just taking them out for good!

When I rode I treated every car driver like an idiot. The guys today who just assume Im going to know you are there....f$%# off already!

sorry, attacking my own thread here, but had to rant
bike rider today moved into the spot that I was moving, and then acted like I was in the wrong! dick head

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I never wind them in so I've never drive off without my mirrors. Don't really see the need to wind them in unless i'm squeezing in a narrow garage or something. :)

G

Unregistered
You know, I rode for 5 years so I have respect for that comment but.... the way bike riders (only some mind you) whip in and out of moving traffic and sit in your blind spot for ever, its almost like they want to die! Seriously, some days I feel like playing 'dumb' and just taking them out for good!

When I rode I treated every car driver like an idiot. The guys today who just assume Im going to know you are there....f$%# off already!

sorry, attacking my own thread here, but had to rant
bike rider today moved into the spot that I was moving, and then acted like I was in the wrong! dick head

?? whats the problem ... ur alot bigger then him ??
motor bike beats push bike ... car beats both . bus beats all 3 and truck will rape all .

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
The end of my driveway. I've driven with them in deliberately a few times, at over 120km/h there's a noticeable change in wind noise ;)

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I always check them so prob 20 meters. The GT-A pops them out after you reach 50kmh. Also works off using the key remote and with ignition off. Grrr.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Funny, I read this thread yesterday and then later I accidentally drove with mine folded in for about a minute :D whoops

Top Bottom