possible SAFC problem...

G

Unregistered
Help...
Last night the battery died and I had to get a new one and put that in. After it was installed, and all wires hooked back up, the car would start and run, but would idle rough, and could smell the fuel out the rear.. I just nanna'd it back home, but it would backfire and carry on and so forth... The safc on it was in some other "mode", like its settings? I didn't want to stuff around too much with it, basically cause i didn't know what most of if meant.. The car also has a electronic boost controller, but the setttings where the same as before, and didn't think this would be the cause of the problem..

Im assuming the problem is to do with the safc, and was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with this issue before? I dont want to drive it till I get it sorted just to be safe... Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated,

Also, just read 3m-TA3's post about unhooking his battery could this be similiar issue??

Cheers,
Shamren.

G

Unregistered
Thanks mate but how do I know what sensor it is??
:)

G

Unregistered
It should be karmen but a battery disconect should not have altered it

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Is it possible that the SAFC has lost it's setting.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
its possible, but it shouldn't..

also there are 2 memory banks in it.. (settings 1 & 2) so its possible that it reset back to 1?

but hang on..

initiailization is saved for both memory..

I'd say just download the setup manual then go from there..

G

Unregistered
I'm confident that the settings are still saved. But I'll download the manual tonight and go from there. Thanks guys. If there's anything else, please post it up here. :)

G

Unregistered
Don't drive it until it's checked as it will damage the engine

G

Unregistered
Hey all!
Thanks to everyone! The issue is sorted. :))))
it was as simple as changing the karmen setting and reading the manual.
Thanks again! :)

Top Bottom