Production figures Galant/Legnum

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Correct Trev, 96-97 ST-R unfortunately are EC5W too... so you can't separate them :-(

If anyone is interested in total Galant/ Aspire/ Legnum figures, check this:

96-05:
Galant/Aspire: .95.452
Legnum: .......124.488

Total: ........218.940 :eek:

These figures include all Galants/Legnums produced in Japan not just VR4's

pbaron

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pierre
Drive
Super VR-4
For anyone else interested, purloined from the CAPS data file SHARYO.DAT are the following totals for EC5W and EC5A production:

EC5W LNGE 25ST-R 5FM/T: 358 4wd manual V6 2.5 made up to 8/97 only. Dark VR-4 style interior, 5 stud hubs, open rear diff with the same part number as a Type V. Basically a non-turbo Type V VR-4
EC5W LNGF VR-4 TYPE-S 5FM/T: 2759 These are both Facelift and Prefacelift Legnums with AYC
EC5W LNGF3 VR-4 TYPE-V 5FM/T:1 Almost certainly an early Facelift that will not have AYC
EC5W LNPE 25ST 5FM/T: 266 4wd manual V6 2.5 made up to 8/97 only. Has 4 stud hubs, cheap looking light grey interior, no tinted rear glass
EC5W LRGE 25ST-R S4FA/T: 7383 4wd auto V6 2.5 made up to 7/98. Dark VR-4 style interior, 5 stud hubs, open rear diff with the same part number as a Type V. Basically a non-turbo Type V VR-4
EC5W LRGE1 25ST-R LIMITED S4FA/T: 3733 4wd auto V6 2.5 made up to 7/98. Dark COTY style black leather interior, 5 stud hubs, open rear diff with the same part number as a Type V. Basically a non-turbo COTY Type V VR-4. Has polished 5 spoke prefacelift wheels as well.
EC5W LRPE 25ST S4FA/T: 5840 4wd manual V6 2.5 made up to 8/97 only. Has 4 stud hubs, cheap looking light grey interior, no tinted rear glass
EC5W LRPE2 SNOW-BIRD S4FA/T: 260 4wd auto V6 2.5 made up to 7/98. Has heated seats and other cold spec car features. Unsure of interior, most likely ST style (cheap light grey)
EC5W LYGF VR-4 TYPE-S S5FA/T: 11569 These will be Facelift and Prefacelift Legnums with AYC for most facelifts and AYC/ASC/TCL for all prefacelifts. Some facelifts may have ASC/TCL as well as a rare option
EC5W LYGF1 VR-4 TYPE-S(COTY SPECIAL) S5FA/T: 1109 These will be Prefacelift Legnums with AYC/ASC/TCL, and as we all know will have the black leather seats
EC5W LYGF2 SUPER VR-4 TYPE-S S5FA/T: 284 These will be Prefacelift Galants with AYC/ASC/TCL. Will also have the Recaro's and other stuff
EC5W LYGF3 VR-4 TYPE-S(W/O ASC/TC:L),VR-4V(99M-) 5AT: 856 These will be Facelift Legnums without AYC

EC5A SNGF VR-4 5FM/T: 1327 These will be Prefacelift Galants with AYC
EC5A SNGF3 VR-4V 5FM/T: 901 These will be Facelift Galants without AYC
EC5A SYGF VR-4 TYPE-S S5FA/T: 3268 These will be Facelift and Prefacelift Galants with AYC for most facelifts and AYC/ASC/TCL for all prefacelifts. Some facelifts may have ASC/TCL as well. I have not seen a facelift Galant with ASC/TCL yet.
EC5A SYGF2 SUPER VR-4 TYPE-S S5FA/T: 85 These will be Prefacelift Galants with AYC/ASC/TCL. Will also have the Recaro's and other stuff
EC5A SYGF3 VR-4 TYPE-S(W/O ASC/TCL)/VR-4V(99M-) 5AT: 455 These will be Facelift Galants without AYC

Brad: My input is above in Red Now white because King Panther is a whiney little cow!

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Ok how many Black Series 1 Manual Galants are there :)

pbaron

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pierre
Drive
Super VR-4
It looks like 205 SNGF and 159 SNGF3 were produced in black with manual trans. Plucking these numbers out of the .dat file is not straight forward and there is some ugly regular expressions doing the heavy lifting.

Cheers
Ok how many Black Series 1 Manual Galants are there :)

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
lol i was only joking didn't know you could bring up colours, would be interesting to know tho.

pbaron

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pierre
Drive
Super VR-4
If you provide the option code or codes for MMCS I can have a look, but specifics like you are asking are too difficult. It looks like 48 SNGF3 in A71 and 47 SNGF3 in A69.

Pretty much all that is possible is counting model number eg EC5A and classification SNGF3, can count paint color if provided with paint code.
How about silver with mmcs of the sngf3? :D

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Man, if I could read this properly (with my chassis number), I wonder which Super VR4 out of the 800 (?) mine is?

Maybe make up a wanky small "trophy plate" to affix to the dash or something :D

pbaron

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pierre
Drive
Super VR-4
Only 283 or 4 Super VR-4 Legnums produced. ClubVR4 has a full list of all the Super chassis numbers so it should be easy to see what number your one is out of the lot. That is restricted to members but Kitty on here probably has this info and may post it if it is not already available here.
Man, if I could read this properly (with my chassis number), I wonder which Super VR4 out of the 800 (?) mine is?

Maybe make up a wanky small "trophy plate" to affix to the dash or something :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It is a pity we can't look into the options, my ST-R for example is one of 43 manual ST-R's in Meister Blue ever.

My purple VR-4 is a pretty rare car too, Recaro's + Momo, MMCS and Sunroof.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Nope, it will be a facelift manual Legnum without AYC. Never available as an option from dealerships, you could only get facelift Type V's, no such thing as a prefacelift Type V.

I would guess it's manufacturing date is sometime between 8/98 and 6/99. I say this because from 8/98 to 4/99 you could only get Auto Legnum VR-4's (both type s and v with and without ayc respectively) Manual Legnum VR-4's were introduced again in 5/99 but only in Type S.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Just updated the post by Pierre above to include some info about the models.

Is it possible to change colours Brad? The large amount of red font is making it hard on the eyesight...

Am I also correct in seeing that Pierre is an owner of a Super too?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yes, Pierre owns about 5 at the moment I think, an ST-R, a Super (in silver) a manual Galant and a couple of Auto Legnums.

pbaron

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pierre
Drive
Super VR-4
2x ST-R's, 1x 96 Legnum VR-4 Type-S, 1x 98 Galant VR-4 Manual and 1x 97 Super Legnum.
Yes, Pierre owns about 5 at the moment I think, an ST-R, a Super (in silver) a manual Galant and a couple of Auto Legnums.

pbaron

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pierre
Drive
Super VR-4
That one is a Pearl White W75E 46J 99051 early May 99 vehicle.
Nope, it will be a facelift manual Legnum without AYC. Never available as an option from dealerships, you could only get facelift Type V's, no such thing as a prefacelift Type V.

I would guess it's manufacturing date is sometime between 8/98 and 6/99. I say this because from 8/98 to 4/99 you could only get Auto Legnum VR-4's (both type s and v with and without ayc respectively) Manual Legnum VR-4's were introduced again in 5/99 but only in Type S.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Cool :) What is the chassis number and could you confirm it had the open diff and no wheel arches?

pbaron

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pierre
Drive
Super VR-4
Can't match the chassis numbers, these live in a different file, both files are binary so it is not clear what is required to link the two. As for the extras, punching that model and classification into ASA shows that they did not get arches and did have the open diff.
Cool :) What is the chassis number and could you confirm it had the open diff and no wheel arches?

Top Bottom