put foot down but very slow take off

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
My wife was driving this evening took off to turn right across 3 lane road and with her foot flat to the floor the car took off really slowly. We've got a 99 tip-tronic with trans cooler fitted. No flashing light or anything else strange, then drove home fine after that. Any ideas what is wrong??

G

Unregistered
Did you notice what gear it was in at the time. Sometimes when I have come up to a junction when I have been travelling in 5th gear it sometimes thinks there is no need to drop down to first and when you put your foot down it may have been in 3rd and that is why it did not take off as expected.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
Pretty sure she was in first, it was quite hot today but seemed to be fine when driven earlier in the day. Engine bay was really hot when i checked it just now.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Like Peter said, stuck in limp mode perhaps (limp mode locks it in third)

Sensor may have had a fit for a second as well

Check your levels etc, just to be safe

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
fluid level fine, colour ruby red. All seems fine, i'll see how we go

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
No exposed wires earthing at all...I was having a sluggish car for a time and it was an exposed wire earthing out

G

Unregistered
there is a chance that the tippy computer had a glitch for a seond and thought it was in manual mode and held 3rd gear as a result there has been a few tippy magnas do it some times as well it could be the problem but just having a stab in the dark without having a mitsu diagnostic computer makes things a little difficult.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
Thanks for all the suggestions. It all seems ok now so fingers crossed

Kingy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
James
Drive
VR4 Galant 96 Series 1
very slow acceleration with foot on floor

Guys,

About 3 weeks ago, I had something similar though not sure if it is the same problem/symptoms. I had just removed a restrictor in one of the vacuum hoses and took off really hard from a stop and the car did not respond regardless of the pedal position. Only very slow movement 1-2 km/hr. Thought id broken something as it did take off really hard (cold night also). I turned the car off and on (engine running fine) after about 5 mins the car came back to life, intermittantly and then fine with no cutouts. Maybe, ECU had a panic attack. Transmission fine. Any ideas?

Top Bottom