Recall check using chassis number?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
A long time ago I remember someone posting a link to a website that you can enter your chassis number and it then tells you what recalls your particular car has needed, and if they have been completed.

Does anyone know this link?
I've searched but couldn't find.The best I could find was a site that shows all Mitsubishi recalls but doesn't allow you to enter your exact vin.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thanks, that's the one.

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
just found out i have an outstanding recall, for front ball joint on the lower arm ( ? )

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Thats right, its mitsubishi Japans problem, not Mitsubishi Australia. Mitsubishi Australia never released this model, therefore they have no responsibility.

Send the car back to Japan, and they would fix it for free.

G

Unregistered
lol.

same here. front ball joint and fuel tank issue. dont think its been carried out though.

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
I've had the fuel tank recall done, just the ball joints outstanding. The workshop manager at Chadstone Mitsi (supposedly the only VIC dealer that even looks twice at the JDM imports) told me that the recall was japan-wide, not international, so it's a) not their problem and b) to be done at my expense.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Improved anti-recall campaign results service
Your car, far from the notification of July 26, 2000 "Service Improvement Plan Recall Campaign" Search results are true whether you are eligible for the following vehicles.

Your car because the vehicle was determined to target the following items,
Please see the implementation section.

What type of notification No. Sun
(Start date) the status of implementation
1 Galant, Regnum, air volume control device for the recall 2005/04/12 Aspire Buroafan work has been carried out
Galant 2, and 3 car front suspension Regnum (lower arm) has been carried out recall work on 2003/11/20
Galant 3, and 4 models Regnum (4WD vehicles) has been implemented 2000/07/26 recall for fuel tank work

thats the recall i had on my car

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Babel Fish Translation below for our Legnum:

Because under carriage number (EC5W-0300482) the car of your search result customer was decided as the object vehicle of the below-mentioned item, the execution circumstance column viewing.
Number Contents Classification Notification day (Target date) Execution circumstance
1 The gear run, concerning the blower fan airflow control control equipment of [regunamu] and [asupaia] the recall 2005/04/12 Work performance being completed
2 Front suspension of 3 models such as gear run and [regunamu] (the lower arm) concerning the recall 2003/11/20 Work performance it is completed and it does to apply annoyance truly concerning the customer who is “job unexecuted” item, but please request gratuitous repair job to the dealership or the nearby dealership which you purchase.

For the 1st item see translation below:
Here is the direct link (including images further down the page) http://recall.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/Recall/displayselect.do?orderno=11402

Recall notification number 1402 Recall notification day 2005 April 12th Recall target date 2005 April 13th
When there is a standard nonconformance state
The structure which it recognizes, the device or
Circumstance and its cause of efficiency Because the connector installation features of the power transistor which controls blower fan airflow and finishing of the connector terminal are inadequate, when the external force by the foot and the like of the crew-member on the connector joins, the contact point section of the connector slips, there are times when heat generation temperature becomes high due to the fact that contact resistance increases. Because of that, the connector the 溶 loses with the repetition, when it is worst, the blower fan becomes operation defective, there is a possibility the defroster stopping being effective. Contents of improvement measure All vehicle, the power transistor and connector set are exchanged with the measure item.

The other is the for the balljoint.

Jeff Denmeade

Idling at the Lights
First Name
JEFF DENMEADE
Drive
EVO 8
There are a few different links floating around for recall details. Here's a mitsubishi one allowing VIN entry:
http://recall.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/Recall/resultrecallstatus.do

And some more information about the recall that applied to me:
http://www.recall-plus.jp/info/295

As always, translate.google.com is your friend...

Thanks for those links, just checked my car (we just got it yesterday from the docks, a 2000 model with 62ks on it MINT interior) and it shows my car had 'Work Performed' on three (all three?) recalls.

My god I love this car! The rear bumper isnt pretty but the rest of it is super mint and clean! The interior is mega clean when we got it off the docks and it even started without any jump cables. It goes to Envy next week for compliance.

JD

Jeff Denmeade

Idling at the Lights
First Name
JEFF DENMEADE
Drive
EVO 8
Vehicle number (EC5W-0301XXX) Results
Your car because the vehicle was determined to target the following items,
Please see the implementation section.

(Start date) Implementation
One
Gallant, Regnum, blower fan for air flow control device Aspire
2005/04/12 Recall
Work Performed

Two
Gallant, front suspension, such as Regnum three models (lower arm) for
2003/11/20 Recall
Work Performed

Three
Gallant, such as Regnum three models (cars 4WD) for fuel tank
2003/04/02 Recall
Work Performed

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
heya Jeff, good to know that you're happy with your Leggie.
you will notice some 'G' stickers on your rear windscreens, if you look closely there is a set of numbers on it. These are the recall numbers that were performed on the cars, the stickers are proof that its been done. Good luck with the compliance, from what I'm reading you should pass with flying colours! :)

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Can anyone shed light on what the fuel tank recall is about?

Click on the link for the fuel tank work, then copy and paste the results into translate.google.com or Babel Fish, and then post the translation here for all to see.

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Whats your Chassis Number, so I can see a car with this recall. I can do a better translation than Google any day :)

Lucadou

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cam
Drive
97 White Regnamu
Checked mine, 3 recalls with all work performed.

Can anyone shed light on what the fuel tank recall is about?

Click on the link for the fuel tank work, then copy and paste the results into translate.google.com or Babel Fish, and then post the translation here for all to see.
The fuel tank fuel system, because some improper tightening of the cap shape and plastic accessories such as a pump to fix the fuel gauge unit, and continue to use in this state, such a crack in the cap occurred, the worst case fuel leakage may occur.
image.jpg

image.jpg

willvr4nz

Idling at the Lights
First Name
will
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Super vr4 type s wagon
Checked mine, 3 recalls with all work performed.

The fuel tank fuel system, because some improper tightening of the cap shape and plastic accessories such as a pump to fix the fuel gauge unit, and continue to use in this state, such a crack in the cap occurred, the worst case fuel leakage may occur.

mine has been done but I reckon needs doing again .. I'm sure my car uses wayyyyy too much fuel

Top Bottom