Reliable, easy to maintain, 12.5 sec daily. What are my options!?!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
That black one above there looks SEXY

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
There's a black Supra in Sydney with '8THSIN' numberplates.
Strange connection lol. That one above does look to have a boot lip ?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Actually yeah it does! Didn't notice that, definitely adds to it though!

I really like the rear bar, the diffusers thingys

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
I hate the abflug kit after the douche wog YouTube supra forums dude.

Love the spoilerless look!

News on the ladies supra?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Going to see it in 1/2 hour, will post up what happens?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Well it actually looked pretty decent. Had a some awesome modifications on it, the seats were great, nice hard piping and front mount, trd dash with 320km/hr speedo, brembo brakes, an enclosed pod filter. Aftermarket suspension of some kind as it was quite stiff, strut braces, nice stereo, electronic boost controller inside cabin (which the girl had absolutely no idea how to use). Nice wide 275 tyres on the back. The pics online do it no justice whatsoever. And other things which I forgot.

She payed $34k for it at fabcar 2 years back (expensive import shop) and her uncle is a mechanic and has been servicing it. I am gonna try bargain her down to $19k for it if the mechanic passes it.

Will take it to get looked at on Friday by my mechanic, but and apart from a scrapes on on the underside of the stupidly low front bar it appears in good nic. Who the previous owner was in japan and what he used it for is a bit of a mystery, but the engine was on stock boost and still running in sequential mode and blew no smoke at all. Gearbox was fine, no oil leaks... although it felt slow compared to the leggie but I'll soon rectify that.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Got my eye on a small Garrett GT30R turbo, same one used on the amuse supra setup. Full boost by 3300rpm, easy 300kw atw which is doubling the current power output and boost coming on earlier than stock..

BoostStocktwinsvs3076.jpg

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Du du dududu... Sounds awesome. Seems to go well to, i would think a gt35 would be a better match for a 3 litre though no? Although 300kw and low down response is always a good thing.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Mechanic had a look, overall he said pretty good.

Needs a new timing belt eventually (apparently they need changing with age or km, whichever comes first)
At the moment its got lowered TRD springs which are sending the front camber at crazy angle so either a camber fix of some kind or some better coilovers.
Four new tyres

About 1/2 hour of bargaining later I got the owner down to $20.5k so will pick up the car in 5 hours from now.

I am not sure about which turbo to use, either a GT30R with a big 1.06 AR or a GT35R with a small .62 AR. But yeah, no more mods until I make some more money and sell the leggie.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Good work mate, sounds awesome! Drop by when you need rubber :D

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
This car has more and more surprises, someone spent some serious $$$ on it in Japan. Handling is brilliant, keeps completely level through corners, the strut braces/sway bars are great, HKS EVC allows boost increases from inside cabin, went for a drive last night with the boost cranked up and it actually goes very well. Brembos with slotted rotors stop the car very well. Found a full custom turbo to tip exhaust system which gives the car a real grumble resonance to it along with a very loud induction/spool noise. Will do a proper write-up when I get back from overseas, but overall very happy. All the ground work is done, there is now nothing more left to do except put the ECU in and a bigger turbo.

Big thanks to for all the input and advice given through out the thread, am very happy with the outcome.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Great to hear that you're enjoying the car.

It's always good to buy a car and for once, be confronted with pleasant surprises!

Based on what the car already has, 12.5 seconds sounds like a mere formality ...

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Sounds great Madhav, looks like you found yourself a bargain!

Top Bottom