Replacement bulbs/globes (headlights, tail lights & everything in-between)

MLVR4

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Thai
Drive
EVO 7 RS with EVO 9 FACE LIFT
I upgraded my reverse bulbs to these CREE Q5 LED T20/7440, very bright compared to standard LED fairly cheap too. The stock ones are crap, can't see much at night.
recommended.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2X-T20-3...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4602b9386a

I also got these 1156/BA15S for the front indicator foglight (FL). I don't recommend these ones if you want to use them for the foggy as they have a different type of LED and aren't as great/bright for use in the foglight, the beam does not travel far enough for foglights (they should be fine for other use on other cars though), not sure what type of LED it is but they are different to the above one.
not recommended for FL turning foggy
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180726764628?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I also just purchased these 1156/BA15S ones and they have the same CREE Q5 LED so hopefully they will be brighter/better for use in the foggy.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280861645194?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

oh and these links are the cheapest ones I've found on ebay, there may be cheaper ones out there?

P.S installing these bulbs is at your own risk

shaqdaddy91

Crunching Gears
First Name
Shanil
Drive
98 Vr4 Galant
I think most clusters use T5 & maybe one T10 bulb? For my WRX I used like twelve T5 and one T10 bulb, enough for the gauges and indicator (I didn't change the rest), not sure about the legnums though as I haven't pulled it out yet, but Im guessing they are the similar.

If you're interested and want to change the ignition light is a T5 cause I've changed it to blue LED.

Oh ok thanks for the info. I ended up pulling the cluster off, its a non-high vis btw, and the main bulbs for the cluster lighting are T10 wedges that fit into little sockets, there are four of them. I ordered some xenon white LEDs off ebay, and also some blue ones to see which one I like better lol.

by ignition light are you talking about the lit up ring around the key hole? If so what kind of T5, like a wedge, neo wedge...?

MLVR4

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Thai
Drive
EVO 7 RS with EVO 9 FACE LIFT
by ignition light are you talking about the lit up ring around the key hole? If so what kind of T5, like a wedge, neo wedge...?
I used blue ones for my WRX cluster, I remember trying white ones and it didn't give the colour i was looking for.

Yep thats the one, the lit up ring around the key hole. T5 wedge. like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-X-Car-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415389a7d8

keep in mind there are a few types of LED, don't get the old scool LED ones. the SMD LED type are much better

shaqdaddy91

Crunching Gears
First Name
Shanil
Drive
98 Vr4 Galant
I used blue ones for my WRX cluster, I remember trying white ones and it didn't give the colour i was looking for.

Yep thats the one, the lit up ring around the key hole. T5 wedge. like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-X-Car-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415389a7d8

keep in mind there are a few types of LED, don't get the old scool LED ones. the SMD LED type are much better

awesome stuff! I just ordered them haha. yeah I ordered blue SMD's for the dash as well so hopefully it looks as good as it does in my mind.

purple_guana

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Wang
Drive
galant VR4
Hey guys sorry gotta ask, what's difference between BA9 for park lights and T10 wedge. looks exactly same but can;'t seem to gt my t10 into those front door lights. 2nd, how do you get those park lights out, it doesn't seem to twist out like most park lights, scare i might break the assembly so i didn't proceed further. cheers.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Hey guys sorry gotta ask, what's difference between BA9 for park lights and T10 wedge. looks exactly same but can;'t seem to gt my t10 into those front door lights. 2nd, how do you get those park lights out, it doesn't seem to twist out like most park lights, scare i might break the assembly so i didn't proceed further. cheers.

Parkers are best to be done with the lights removed, there is a write up on here somewhere on how to remove the lights, and you just squash the 2 sides of the parker bulb holder and it will pop out, also if your replacing with the LED ones you have to change the polarity of 1 of the sides.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
BA9 are the stab and twist style bulbs.. T10's are wedges where you just poke it in :)

also with removing the parkers, user one of those very long nose pliers with the bent tip.. works well every time..

purple_guana

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Wang
Drive
galant VR4
Thanks for that, will have to find me some blue or superwhite BA9 for the parks. i can get the headlights out as i'm used to getthing them out through tight gaps, now you've spared me the tip on getting the parkers, will source em. nothing i hate as much as yellowish headlight bulbs, it's an eyesore.

teppei

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Henry
Drive
Black Type-V MT Galant VR4 '99
has anyone tried replacing the tail/brake lights with Cree Q5 LED bulbs? do i need any resistor ?

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
You will need a resistor. Unsure of the exact size. If you dont you will get an ayc fault.(same with leds)
Happened to me. just easier to stay with incandescent.

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Stupid phone. O well free thanks for you.

I have installed those in a couple of customers cars. They seem to do the job. It is a bit of a hit and miss. I think they will work but not 100% sure. Try them. Then leave your car running with the lights on for over 15 min. If there is no ayc code after that then they are working.

teppei

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Henry
Drive
Black Type-V MT Galant VR4 '99
well,my car doesn't run AYC anyway, LOL

thank u for the 'thanks' (y)(y)

i think will give it a try

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
O yeah forgot about it. :) Then yes it will be fine.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
You'll need the resisor ballast as you need to provide the abs and ayc control unit to register 21w load..

*edit*

Forgot that u dont have ayc..

Still.. U have the abs control unit.. :p

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Haven't tried them personally but the spread of light would be different to your conventional halogen bulb. Meaning they wouldnt work as well and have the possibility to .blind other drivers.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Couldnt see it mentioned anywhere,
what wattage are our PFL Foglights? 35, 50 or 70W?

Top Bottom