Replacement bulbs/globes (headlights, tail lights & everything in-between)

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Hey would be a good idea to put the wattage of stock bulbs as well so we don't have any fires.
High beams 55W
Low beam 55W
Fogs are 100W
Correct me if im wrong.(trying to remember from when i bought mine)

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
Hey All,

I’ve just bought a Legnum and since driving it at night times I’m noticing the lights are very dull and not very bright; I believe they do have the stock gloves in them, it’s not until I put the fog lights on do they go brighter but still with the fog lights they seem to be dull.

I’m going to admit I have no idea regarding knowledge about globes, I don’t know the difference between Xenon’s and LED’s etc. but I’m just after globes that will improve the brightness of the lights, I’m looking to improve the Headlights, Parkers, Fog lights & High Beams. I’ve notice on the first post of this thread the bulb sizes/types, would I just need to find a brighter bulb for the size/type and replace it with my stock bulb.

Thanks in advance,
Jase.

teppei

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Henry
Drive
Black Type-V MT Galant VR4 '99
does anyone have clue about after putting LED bulbs for replacement, like indicators, it flashes not in the normal pattern. it's flahsing twice as quicker as than normal.

anything else need to adjust in order to use the LED bulbs???
many thanks

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Lower power draw will screw the flasher speed, you need to add something to draw power (like another normal globe)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
does anyone have clue about after putting LED bulbs for replacement, like indicators, it flashes not in the normal pattern. it's flahsing twice as quicker as than normal.

anything else need to adjust in order to use the LED bulbs???
many thanks
You need to replace your indicator relay with one that's LED friendly (ie doesn't measure circuit resistance and thus change flasher speed if you blow globes). Remember though, the change in speed is by design, so you're immediately aware if you blow a globe. If you replace it with a relay that doesn't do this, you need to inspect your indicators at least once a week, to ensure other drivers can tell when you're indicating. Do a search on eBay for LED indicator relay and you'll find a plug-in replacement for a few dollars.

electronic_flashercans.jpg

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
Does anyone know if i can install any time H3 LED's for fog lights, or do they have to specific; and would they be plug and play ?

Thanks in advance,
Jase.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Does anyone know if i can install any time H3 LED's for fog lights, or do they have to specific; and would they be plug and play ?

Thanks in advance,
Jase.

they're plug n play.. which LED are you using though? I used them on my fogs too... didnt do f-all

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
they're plug n play.. which LED are you using though? I used them on my fogs too... didnt do f-all

Oh really, I'm just looking one's on ebay, here's a couple of links:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-WHIT...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336e93c172

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-H3-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6285fef6

For $30 bucks or so, surely they be better than what I have got now.

Edit: Also, has anyone converted LED lights in the interior, such as the map light etc. if so does anyone know what type of bulb is needed? Furthermore, i'm after some clear amber lens, does anyone know what the part number of these are called or where i could get some?

Thanks in advance,
Jase.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
^^ as jase said has anyone led conversion of all interior lights??? if so wat bulbs did u use? i wouldnt mind doing this in my pfl galant just CBF to pull them all apart to check them :p

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
^^ as jase said has anyone led conversion of all interior lights??? if so wat bulbs did u use? i wouldnt mind doing this in my pfl galant just CBF to pull them all apart to check them :p

I've pretty much done mine, if you go back a couple of pages on page 6, it's listed what is needed for either a PFL or FL which should help.

Facelift map lights: T15 wedge (one each side)
Pre-facelift map lights: 3022 31mm festoon (one each side)
Front passenger lower door/courtesy lights: T10 wedge (one each side)
Rear passenger room/courtesy lights: 3022 31mm festoon (one each side)
Legnum boot roof light: 3022 31mm festoon

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Tired of blowing globes in the galant, always seems to be low beams every 4mths:/ any brands that last a year maybe??

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Thats not right. Check your charging voltage it.shouldnt be over about 15V. If its good then check the voltage at the plug of the lights. it should be the same as the battery or charging voltage.

If every thing is good you could try LED lights they will last longer. Not sure how bright they are though.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Tired of blowing globes in the galant, always seems to be low beams every 4mths:/ any brands that last a year maybe??

What are the adaptors like, all burned and black on one terminal? If so, replace them first.

shaqdaddy91

Crunching Gears
First Name
Shanil
Drive
98 Vr4 Galant
hey does anyone know the correct bulbs for the ones behind the speedometer? half of my speedo is not lighting up and i was gonna change the colour while im at it.

thanks in advance.

Sok

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Sok Ngo
Drive
Galant Vr4

Are you touching the glass part of the globe? if so don't do this during the installation, this maybe why the are not lasting. I maybe wrong though.

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Are you touching the glass part of the globe? if so don't do this during the installation, this maybe why the are not lasting. I maybe wrong though.

Thats right DO NOT touch the glass part of the globe

MLVR4

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Thai
Drive
EVO 7 RS with EVO 9 FACE LIFT
hey does anyone know the correct bulbs for the ones behind the speedometer? half of my speedo is not lighting up and i was gonna change the colour while im at it.

thanks in advance.
I think most clusters use T5 & maybe one T10 bulb? For my WRX I used like twelve T5 and one T10 bulb, enough for the gauges and indicator (I didn't change the rest), not sure about the legnums though as I haven't pulled it out yet, but Im guessing they are the similar.

If you're interested and want to change the ignition light is a T5 cause I've changed it to blue LED.

Top Bottom