Replacement bulbs/globes (headlights, tail lights & everything in-between)

G

Unregistered
Yes. There is the main one that comes on when you open the door, that's a festoon. Then the little round lense ones that point out each side (map lights) are T15s. Looking on Club VR-4, apparently some models had double festoons for the room light too.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Yep, all my interior lights are 31mm Festoons, no T-15's anywhere (which I've all replaced with 6x SMD 31mm festoons) Puts a really nice super white blue tinge on the interior at night.

G

Unregistered
Yep, all my interior lights are 31mm Festoons, no T-15's anywhere (which I've all replaced with 6x SMD 31mm festoons) Puts a really nice super white blue tinge on the interior at night.

I don't think those multi-SMD festoons will fit the facelift room light, one side of the bulb is right up against the housing. Well, the ones I've seen have the LEDs sticking out each side a bit. There are single high output SMDs that could be the go.

And for the map lights I think 'flank' LEDs are the go, in order to get the light facing straight down.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea I have some side-facing high-intensity LED replacements in mine, went through three or four different models before I found one that worked right in that space. I'd love to tell you what ones they were, but TBH I can't remember, it was a year and a half ago!

G

Unregistered
Got the map lights & room light re-lit with LEDs. For the room light I used a high intensity LED but it still wasn't bright enough so ganged a couple together instead. Worked out well. For the map light I used some side facing 'flank' lights. They aren't much brighter than the original bulbs, but the colour is much nicer.

Also sorted out the indicators. I got some high intensity bulbs for there too, and they only just fit. So unfortunately I was just getting a single point of light from the LED rather than glowing the reflector. I ended up modifying the bulb holder to that the LED bulb sat about almost 10mm lower. This enables the light to fill the reflector a lot better. I've only replaced the side indicators and left the regular bulbs in the others. The flashing speed does not seem affected.

Attachments

• led-room-light1.jpg
    led-room-light1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 231
  • led-room-light2.jpg
    led-room-light2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 229
  • led-indicators.jpg
    led-indicators.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 223
  • 1wled82.jpg
    1wled82.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 227
G

Unregistered
Can someone please update the first post in this thread?

Facelift map lights: T15 wedge (one each side)
Pre-facelift map lights: 3022 31mm festoon (one each side)
Front passenger lower door/courtesy lights: T10 wedge (one each side)
Rear passenger room/courtesy lights: 3022 31mm festoon (one each side)
Legnum boot roof light: 3022 31mm festoon

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
Hey Guys,

one of my interior lights is gone. The ones that flash when you lock the car. In the middle near the rear vision mirror.

Just to confirm what type of blub are these?

3022 31mm festoon ?

Mine are just a light either side and two switches in the middle

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
yes they are 31mm Festoons, all 5 light in my car are 31mm festoons

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
thanks guys and gals :)

Anyone recommend any places, i've been looking on ebay etc.

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Any one know what the rear number plate bulbs are.

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Anyone know what bulbs/led are needed for the auto gear display in the dash my 1st and 2nd lights are not working.

Aslo for the indicators.

Top Bottom