ROAD RAGE VENT ZONE

G

Unregistered
Don't know if there is already a thread specifically for this, but I thought I would make a little happy place for us all to get together and talk about what everyone else on the road does to make us mad.Better to vent here then end up on the 6 O'clock news haha.Feel free to post funny pictures/videos of road rage you see elsewhere aswell.Remember, Drive safely, bacause no one else around you does.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
People doing 10-20kmh under the speed limit when there is no vehicle or reason in front of them, or any other immediate cause for them to do so.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
People doing 10-20kmh under the speed limit when there is no vehicle or reason in front of them, or any other immediate cause for them to do so.

Yeah does my fuckin' head in that does... Especially when they're in the right hand lane (on a motorway) and just refuse to move out of the way, forcing one to undertake them. They generally cop some abuse when they do that (unless it is an OAP though, don't want to freak them out too much).

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
dont start with the road rage stuff.. i've got lots to rant... from when i get out of the drive way and back..

G

Unregistered
They are completely revamping the only main road between my house and work at the moment so it's changed from 100kmh to 40/60kmh.It KILLS me when people are already doing 40 and see the Slow lollipop and go even slower.Thanks to the awesome drivers I share the road with my 15km commute has been taking 35+ minutes.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
^ My rage in relation to that;

Having to slow down for the '40 Roadwork' signs, only to see that there is absolutely NO FRIGGING WORK taking place whatsoever. I do lots of late night driving & the amount of times it slows me down gets aggravating.

Also the roadwork on the M2 causing all sorts of shit, but still have the hide to charge full toll fare.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Also people slowing down when there's an accident on either side of the road, its like seriously i wanna get to where I'm going not look at an accident.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
People doing 10-20klm/h below the speed limit annoy you?

Don't go to Tassie then.

I just came back from there and it wasn't uncommon to run into idiots doing 50klm/h+ below the speed limit on the highway.

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
People who Drive all the way down a lane that is ending even though it's signed 100s of meters earlier and then expect people to let them in.

G

Unregistered
People who Drive all the way down a lane that is ending even though it's signed 100s of meters earlier and then expect people to let them in.

What's worse is people trying to merge in the first few meters of a merging lane after entering a busy main road with 70+kmh traffic,they get flustered and can't make a decision and slam the brakes on and come to a complete stop with their car half way out of the merging lane and you have to swerve out of your lane to miss them.There is a major intersection between my place and the shops and it happens 8/10 times I drove through it.I have honestly had about 20 near accident experiences there.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
^ My rage in relation to that;

Having to slow down for the '40 Roadwork' signs, only to see that there is absolutely NO FRIGGING WORK taking place whatsoever. I do lots of late night driving & the amount of times it slows me down gets aggravating.

Also the roadwork on the M2 causing all sorts of shit, but still have the hide to charge full toll fare.

M7 - such a classic example, on the way home late Sunday night I drive firstly through the M2 roadworks half of which is 40, which I can understand as we were on the wrong side of the road etc etc, then I get on to the M7, 3.4km of 40 zone and then it goes back to 100 without any apparent work being done, then I get to the Great Western Highway and there are roadwork guys all over the place, and no speed limit.

What REALLY gets me though is when i do 40 in a 40 zone and some guy flashes me, tail gates me, then zips past mouthing something I can't make out only to get caught up behind another car doing 40 and THEN a cop goes the other way, never one quite when you want one.

right lane hogs below the limit

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

On the other hand people who don't let you in and speed up to block you off when they know your lane is ending (not suggesting that is you, you just reminded me of it)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
People who see you coming but pull out in front anyway, its like "oh theres enough room for me to pull out without causing a crash, who cares if that guy has to slam his brakes on and slow down from 80 to 20 while im getting my motorhome up to the speed limit"

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yep that's all thanks to the NSW govt at the time changing the rule so the person in the merging lane has right of way if in front. So what does everyone do? Speed like buggery to get in front.

Also another great rule change from the never written but courteous give way to the right at a roundabout, to give way to whoever is entering first. The result? Everybody speeding to get into the roundabout first.

School speed zones also shit me. If I had my choice I'd remove all of them, but what annoys me the most is the people who fly past me not adhering to the rule are the very parents in big 4WDs with kids that the speed limit is meant to help.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
People who don't pull over on long twisty mountain roads at a number of shoulder spots to let the obviously more competent (but non aggressive, holding back safely etc) driver behind them pass so they can actually get home at a reasonable time. God-damn tourists and local do-gooders *grumble*

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Hate the people that flash you for cutting a corner or something, i have clear view ahead, i want to lessen the degree of the corner, so i cut it a little and get flashed by some person 100 metres up the road.

I actually dislike this. If you're cutting the corner, you're on the wrong side of the road. So many accidents are caused because someone cut.
Shouldn't matter if you have a clear view or not, I'll be the one flashing my lights at you. If you want to lessen the degree of the corner, then slow down.
This is something I see all the time from people driving 4WDs.

Reactions: Tom

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
It's maybe dangerous in a highly built up area's but i do this in area's with low traffic and no houses lining the road, and if i can see there's no traffic in direct danger of being hit, i don't understand how it can cause an accident?.

Maybe because there is a danger that you just get into the habit and forget to be more careful when it does matter.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
People who don't pull over on long twisty mountain roads at a number of shoulder spots to let the obviously more competent (but non aggressive, holding back safely etc) driver behind them pass so they can actually get home at a reasonable time. God-damn tourists and local do-gooders *grumble*
Yes! This is particularly bad here in SA. There are a lot of roads that are far too twisty with blind corners to pass, yet people won't pull into shoulder spots and are quite content holding everyone up.

Also, people who pull out onto a main road and don't match the speed limit. Countless times I've nearly gone up the back of someone who pulled out in a 60 zone and sits on 30km/h. What's worst is when you high beam them and throw some abuse their way, they have no idea what they've done.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Maybe because there is a danger that you just get into the habit and forget to be more careful when it does matter.

^ This. It's not the danger of causing an accident. It's the danger of becoming complacent.

Regardless of whether you think it might cause an accident or not, it's not something that should be done & does breed laziness.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
It's maybe dangerous in a highly built up area's but i do this in area's with low traffic and no houses lining the road, and if i can see there's no traffic in direct danger of being hit, i don't understand how it can cause an accident?.
It only takes that one time where you don't see the traffic.

Top Bottom