ROAD RAGE VENT ZONE

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I can't believe the number of people I see running red lights. Like they've become optional or something.

And I *hate* it when I'm in a hurry and misjudge the length of a yellow light and end up guilty of this one. But with the lag time between the opposing lights, even if I do this I'm always out of the intersection before the others turn green. So many times I have seen offending cars ENTER the intersection on a red after the other lights turn green.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
If there is a danger of not seeing, then i will not cut, roads with tree's etc cutting is not really a good idea, but on roads with farmland on each side where you can clearly see...

Fair enough. It's an issue with me because people cut the corner in front of my house all the time. If I catch you doing this there, I will hunt you down and make you fill the green waste bin with all the weeds from my garden.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Fair enough. It's an issue with me because people cut the corner in front of my house all the time. If I catch you doing this there, I will hunt you down and make you fill the green waste bin with all the weeds from my garden.

I previously mentioned the fact i do not do this in area's with houses on either side of the road, so not likely, either way i have removed the posts, due to people obviously not liking the idea of slight infringements of the law.

G

Unregistered
Easily one of the most frustrating things for me happened again on the way home this arvo.
I understand that a bus pulling out from the curb has right of way and you must let it enter traffic BUT it shits me to tears when you are about 5-10 meters from the rear of a bus that Isn't indicating to pull out and doesn't have it's lights flashing, you go to pass it at 60/70/80kmh then it simultaneously chucks it's blinker on and pulls out forcing you into oncoming traffic,unless you can go from 80-0 in 1 second.Surely there is a sensible distance after which the bus no longer has right of way,that's just common sense.

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
Easily one of the most frustrating things for me happened again on the way home this arvo.
I understand that a bus pulling out from the curb has right of way and you must let it enter traffic BUT it shits me to tears when you are about 5-10 meters from the rear of a bus that Isn't indicating to pull out and doesn't have it's lights flashing, you go to pass it at 60/70/80kmh then it simultaneously chucks it's blinker on and pulls out forcing you into oncoming traffic,unless you can go from 80-0 in 1 second.Surely there is a sensible distance after which the bus no longer has right of way,that's just common sense.

yeah you'd think so but strangely reality is different, even happens to me when I am on my bike. fucking hate buses.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube

Sometimes I feel sorry for buses when they indicate and no car is letting them through when there are easily opportunities for it. But then a bus drivers does what you say and I change my opinion of them.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
On Edgecliff Rd in Bondi Junction, there is a particular corner where basically every single car coming the opposite direction cuts the corner. I have no idea why, but it is so ridiculously common! It forces cars in my lane to cut the corner as well next to parked cars. It's so ridiculous and pisses me off so much. Too often I have some tool come way over the line right in front of me on a corner!!

And to top that off, just after that cut corner there are lots of driveways and cars parked on the side of the road. So when somebody decides they want to stop or slow to park, the cars behind them blatantly over take, completely on the wrong side of the road even with oncoming cars!!! I've nearly had multiple head ons, only because I know the width of my car and judge the timing and space around my car, have I been able to avoid a collision.

I'm so happy the M5 is finished, for too long too much of that road was ridiculously under the speed limit for no straight up reason. 80kmh, 3 lanes wide, 1 lane a construction zone with concrete barriers and nothing happening.

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
People who see you coming but pull out in front anyway, its like "oh theres enough room for me to pull out without causing a crash, who cares if that guy has to slam his brakes on and slow down from 80 to 20 while im getting my motorhome up to the speed limit"

I saw a great example of a similar thing the other day. I was driving a truck at a normal kinda distance behind another truck the other day... he was also a reasonable distance from the car in front of him. Then some moron who I guess thought "I'll just fill that gap and smash on my brakes as we enter the 70 zone" jumped in front of the guy in front of me. Of course this caused the truck in front of me to lock up like crazy, and by that I mean a crap load of smoke and noise.

It seems that mindless fools like that think trucks are just imaginary and won't simply roll over the top of you like your not even there if they fail to slow down in time. Not to mention the fact that he just flat spotted 18+ tyres and that is probably his entire profit for the journey out the window to replace them.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I drive trucks now and then for my brother's butcher business and know what it's like. I will intentionally block people who attempt to cut in front of trucks.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
lol I get annoyed when people don't do a courtesy wave

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
i will not drive newcatle road ; i will not drive newcatle road ; too many idiots and my mum tauagt me how to drive UNITS

going to like this thread

purple_guana

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Wang
Drive
galant VR4
1/ Parents who park their fat ugly vans blocking view of pedestrian crossings so you can't even see if junior runs out in front of car even if you were doing 25k/hr in school zone.
2/ cars that drive uber slow 35 in a 50k zone with no cars in front hugging centre lane and when you flash your headlights at them to tell them to get a move on it rather than get up their arse, they look at you in the rear view mirror and points their index finger at their head indicating you are a mental retard.
3/ mororns in far right lan on a 2 or 3 lane motorway driving just as slow as the guy in the lane on the left resulting in you can't under or over take. 90 in 100 in perfect fine condition with no traffic ahead.
4/ Drivers in post Mercs and BMW too busy staring at their GPS unit to care that they are holding up 10-15 cars line of traffic.
5/ Drivers who can't give simple courtesy wave when you let them in. morons who don't double check when they enter a T intersection nearlly getting wiped out and taking you with them.
6/ Drivers who don't blardy turn on their headlight clearly when the sun has long set over an hour ago and expect everyone else to see them.

traffic control trucks indicating you must change from right to left lane due to right lane closing for maintenance but puts out sign that says exactly the opposit.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
After countless attempts which achieved nothing, I gave up on trying to tell people to turn their lights on at night.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Laughing at their stupidity helps alleviate the frustration

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Bloody campavans/caravans holding up the damn traffic on the Pacific Hwy. Thanks for adding hours to my trip from QLD to NSW.
Then adding to my trip to get back home the next day.

G

Unregistered
I flicked my lights off and on at a woman the other night who had her headlights off at about 8:00 driving around a housing estate.
She High Beamed me,Horned me, gave me the finger and tried to abuse me when we passed each other. Some people just can't be helped.

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
My daughter and I nearly run over by some gigantic 4wd Mercedes monstrosity yesterday at a zebra crossing. The retard trophy wife at the wheel driving so fast my right foot completely missed the door panels. Damn.

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
I flicked my lights off and on at a woman the other night who had her headlights off at about 8:00 driving around a housing estate.
She High Beamed me,Horned me, gave me the finger and tried to abuse me when we passed each other. Some people just can't be helped.

Recieved some unexplained road rage the other day again in a supermarket carpark when some women in a falcon turned out with her turning circle forcing me to stop... I didn't really care and made no negative facial/hand gestures... But that didn't stop her extending her arm out the window raising middle finger & yelling "Oh Yeah" as she drove past my open window... made me laugh at least...!

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Bloody campavans/caravans holding up the damn traffic on the Pacific Hwy. Thanks for adding hours to my trip from QLD to NSW.
Then adding to my trip to get back home the next day.

Yeah I noticed a lot heading up towards Brisbane too.

Top Bottom