ROAD RAGE VENT ZONE

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
People not being able to judge the distance between the parked cars on the side of the road and them so they drive out in the middle of the road without slowing down at all, especially on narrow two way roads when you can see they have plenty of room to move over.

THIS. I get this ALL the time in Chatswood.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
Rant time!

1. Cyclists. As cyclists don't pay rego, I think they should NEVER impede a registered vehicle in any way. So cyclists doing less than the speed limit should be made to pull over and let cars pass, especially in peak hour. It really shits me off when I'm trying to make my way home after work on a tight 4-lane road, and an entire lane is blocked because some cyclist is doing 20km/h - causing cars in that lane to have to merge to get around it. BUT THEN when the cars stop at traffic lights, the cyclist lane splits all the way to the front and those cars have to repeat the process again. Also a cyclist clipped my mirror while lane splitting once, it almost knocked him off his bike but he just kept riding, even though it fully bent my mirror back. If bikes were registered I would have gotten his plate and reported him for hit and run. Fucker.

2. People who are too cool to look at cars when they're crossing the road. They take a glance and see that the road is 'clear', then bury their heads in their phones, or just look straight ahead. Meanwhile I've come driving along (at the speed limit) and I have to slow down or change course so that I don't hit them (obviously it's different a pedestrian crossings/traffic lights).

3. People who can't stick to their lane and drive with one wheel in each lane, OR drive half in the turning lane and half in the normal lane while slowing down to turn a corner.

4. People who take FOREVER to get up to 60km/h. When I launch my Legnum it takes me about a 1.5 seconds to hit 60. Now I know not all cars are like that, but with the exception of trucks and large commercial vehicles, every car should be capable of hitting 60 in second about 6 seconds after the lights go green. I've followed people who take more than 500m to get up to 60. Acceleration eases congestion! Also it's fun!

5. People who have no interest or skill for driving. Just catch public transport. Some people are just so hopeless behind the wheel I'm amazed they can function as an adult. I always make the point to beep or verbally rage at these people, because I get the feeling a lot of them don't actually know how stupid the stuff they do is, so they have to be told.

6. The people who decided to make bus stops on the actual lane of the road rather than on the shoulder or a slip lane. I know this makes it easier for the buses to get back into traffic, but it massively blocks traffic and takes up an entire lane.

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Pretty comprehensive list there. May I add a few?

7. Idiots who don't remember to turn their lights on at night.

8. People who can't take a corner without cutting into another lane.

9. People doing WELL under the speed limit on a single lane road who don't pull over.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
I'm sometimes sympathetic to the no headlights thing, as I've fallen victim to my hi-vis dash on occasion :\

But yes definitely the other two.

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
People who double foot the brake pedal without looking in the mirror, for something like a newspaper or plastic bag floating around.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
people who stop for ages at roundabouts despite it being absolutely clear. same for people stopping just outside servo driveways for absolutely no reason

Aussie_Wolf93

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brodie
Drive
'93 Mazda B2600
Here's another for your list
People who can see you're indicating to merge (and have given the legally obligatory 5 seconds of indication) yet decide to plant their foot and zip past you AS you merge
had an older driver do this to me whilst driving the work truck the other day, missed smashing himself (and his misses... seriously?! who puts their partner in such stupidly dangerous situations so willingly!!!) into the corner of the pan by what must've been millimetres
THEN when I pulled him up on it he waved me off and told me "whatever, I've got years more experience over you so you have no idea what you're talking about, get lost"

I'm not joking, but in the last 3 months, I've had close to 70 near misses
about 50 of those have been caused by "mature aged" drivers and the rest being mothers in school zones and arrogant business men

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
And dont forget the people who come up to round abouts and give way to their left... WTF!!!!!

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
Do you own a:
Black Madza CX7?
White Toyota Kluger?

Is your back window tinted black?
Do you drive your 2 ton SUV like its the "sports car" on the ad?
Do you have all your life achievements represented in little white stick figures on the back window?
Like to Bluetooth while GPSing and load another "hit song" off your Pandora App while talking on your hands free?

I hate you.
I hate your fucking kind.

No one can see past you.
No one can see through you.
You are clearly the most important person on the road (world) as you raise a middle finger to every other road user with your safety, dark windows, "high driving position" and uncourteous attitude.

Get fucked.
Sincerely
Glenn

Mongoose15

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
99 legnum
98 lancer
fuckwits who pull in front of my truck and slow down to 20 on a hill in the wet, yeh there's reason i left that gap. I'm 14 ton what are you?

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Do you own a:
Black Madza CX7?
White Toyota Kluger?

Is your back window tinted black?
Do you drive your 2 ton SUV like its the "sports car" on the ad?
Do you have all your life achievements represented in little white stick figures on the back window?
Like to Bluetooth while GPSing and load another "hit song" off your Pandora App while talking on your hands free?

I hate you.
I hate your fucking kind.

No one can see past you.
No one can see through you.
You are clearly the most important person on the road (world) as you raise a middle finger to every other road user with your safety, dark windows, "high driving position" and uncourteous attitude.

Get fucked.
Sincerely
Glenn

I think this is the first post worthy of my like here. :D

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
like that school in sydney the other day that got knocked back on development not on any other grounds but because the parents were stupid and dangerous picking up their precious little one's; f everyone else. i bet that's one the school board never seen coming .women in little trucks. jostling for spot in school zones;what could possibly go wrong..

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Two lanes turning right, guy in the right lane shifts far left at my car, then proceeds to cut the corner ANYWAY.

Why did you need to move left, to turn right..??? Why do people do this all the time!

Like those who move left to turn right on a 4 lane road. 3 lanes going straight, a 4th lane opens for traffic to turn right off the main road.. They move left, crossing the line to make that "ultra super tight right turn which is actually super wide and crossing over three oncoming lanes". Causing cars in that third lane to move more left on to the other lanes. Ripple effect.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I find an alarmingly high number of drivers wearing earphones no doubt playing music or something while driving, oblivious to the noise around them.

Come on coppers, bust their arses.

Top Bottom