Rough idle

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
after recharging a flat battery, mines now stalling, when rapidly pulling up to a stop, and idling erratically. only done about 50kms since batt charge so il assume ECU is still relearning..... I didnt touch anything else. Maybe a clean of the idle controller wouldnt go astray. hope i can access it easily..

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
I found my car had lower idle after changing the air filter to a rampod k&n. I reckon it just needs a tuneup with a miniceptor.:)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Josh I think you'll find your problem is caused by erratic readings coming from the stock MAF sensor, discussed quite a bit in other threads. I'm unsure if you can tune this out with a piggyback unit or if you need a replacement ECU and different type of airflow sensor.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Josh I think you'll find your problem is caused by erratic readings coming from the stock MAF sensor, discussed quite a bit in other threads. I'm unsure if you can tune this out with a piggyback unit or if you need a replacement ECU and different type of airflow sensor.

I know, but I was told a K&N Rampod was the right hi-flow filter to use for a mitsi honycomb MAF.

Also I didn't say it was rough... I just said it idled lower. I forgot to mention I threw on the rest of the aftermarket piping and new iridium sp's so could be any number of factors; including larger volume of air between AFM and manifold.:)

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Just wondering guys my base idle is 700rpms and its auto so thats fine but when i put the car into park it rises to 850-900rpms is this normal or should i turn the idle down a little bit???

Top Bottom