RPW Downpipes

Moose

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
Legnum
Does anyone have RPW downpipes and get a weird resonance under heavy acceleration? if so was there any fixes?

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
I have the RPW downpipe, no resonance noise for me. I do have a weird crackle noise

Moose

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
Legnum
that might be similar to what I'm getting just under acceleration instead, will try to get a video of it when i drive it next

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
that might be similar to what I'm getting just under acceleration instead, will try to get a video of it when i drive it next
The problem I find with this forum is old info. One page stats the RPW pipes are great and another page stating they are not. Its hard to decipher what is accurate unless I try for myself. I have already purchased a bad ECU from a member on this site and now waiting over two months for TME to tune my new ECU. No one in the US will touch this car. I am trying to learn and do as much as possible but I do get stumped on a few things. I was on Clubvr4 for a year but nobody replies back to questions.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
The problem I find with this forum is old info. One page stats the RPW pipes are great and another page stating they are not. Its hard to decipher what is accurate unless I try for myself. I have already purchased a bad ECU from a member on this site and now waiting over two months for TME to tune my new ECU. No one in the US will touch this car. I am trying to learn and do as much as possible but I do get stumped on a few things. I was on Clubvr4 for a year but nobody replies back to questions.
These cars a long in the tooth in most countries now - hype is gone. Information is here, just not that easy to find. Thank your lucky stars here and CVR4 exist as many forums are no longer hosted or died due to internal disputes. Don't get me started on Facebook...

I personally know someone who who had a 6G built through them that failed quickly.

Refer:

Top Bottom