RPW dumps. who's going to be the guinea pig?

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
mate ill send you the standard dumps if needed:D
Had a chat to my mate, I can do the set of 4 flanges for $100. Add your own piping & voila.

Or, if veegeeta or someone else can send up some stock dumps, we can get the piping made up to make them a straight bolt-in replacement for the stock dumps. That would be around $200 for a pair of complete replacement dumps. Would anyone be interested enough to stump up the cash? No minimum orders or group buys or anything difficult like that. Just let us know if you want some and away we go. :)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I would probably be interested in a set of upgraded dumps for $200. Would be a nice upgrade till I do the turbos.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
2-3 months and we'll have a crack as my car will be getting front pipes by the looks. Won't sell them until we have test fitted them to a car.

I kinda felt bad about the thread hijack then I realised I was only hurting "the workshop that shall not be named". Hehe.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
For $200 I would definitely be interested in some upgraded dumps! What are you thinking, 2.5"?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
No we won't be able to do front pipes I don't think. I'm buying some. And yeah I think 2.5" for the dumps!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Hopefully some 2nd hand RPWs. May have to mod them to sit higher but no big drama. :)

I mean, I could get some produced I think (do have some people who would be capable) but I know you guys are working on some and am not interested in cutting in on the good work that you're doing. Also wouldn't be able to offer them cheaply or in any great number. This dump pipe idea has come about because I thought the RPW price was extortionate and it came at a time when my mate had expressed an interest in trying to scratch together a little bit of money for our Ebisu trip. I don't expect to be making anything off any of this, just looking at doing it to help a few people out.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Thats ok Tim, we are concentrating on our turbo manifolds so the front pipes have been put on hold for the foreseeable future. If you can and want to make some cheap front pipes by all means, hell if you make them in stainless I might be one of your first customers as long as they tuck up nicely :p

G

Unregistered
LOL at this thread's tone changing from 'useless' to 'great idea' :LOL:

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I thought someone had a set made up and reported a big difference between the stock dumps and the ones he had made up?

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
I thought someone had a set made up and reported a big difference between the stock dumps and the ones he had made up?

comparing them by eye there's a big difference in the bore

does it add many watts? who knows maybe a handful on stock turbo if lucky

bigger turbos, bigger difference....

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Yeah, I get that but every bit helps and for $200 its a relatively cheap mod.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
From modifying previous cars, upgrading the dump pipe off the turbo made a bigger kw gain than the rest of the exhaust. It allows the turbos to breath a bit better and boost will increase 1-2psi due to this.

G

Unregistered
I wish I could make dump pipes for 200 when I took my 2.5 downs into 3" they quoted me 650 with a custom merger. I almost fell over backwards

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
As a side note don't forget there are 2 of them.

guanacosalsa

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Julio
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 - Type S
haha even the way they word the number of kits per package and per box, and price per kit, I read $1300 for both... bit ridiculous....

Top Bottom