RPW have people used them

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
title explains it all . have people bought items / had their cars worked on threw rpw.
personaly i have, they were very helpfull and the bloke who i spoke to was a wealth of infomation .

G

Unregistered
posted in the wa section , hoping it would only involve wa replies . dont care about inter state

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
A few of us have bought and installed the RPW downpipes. Initially, Dave from RPW was a member here and contributed some info about tuning. I'm not sure but I think he also tuned Madhav's car, you'll have to check with Madhav about that.

Personally I am happy with the RPW downpipes; I can't vouch for everyone else. Dave isn't around any more because (as far as I know) he didn't want to play by the forum rules.

G

Unregistered
posted in the wa section , hoping it would only involve wa replies . dont care about inter state

Seeing as RPW is the only place in Australia mass producing products for the VR4 and posting them all over, I would say that all states would be interested in this thread.

I know I'm considering buying stuff off them and to have input from as many people as possible would benefit everyone.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
People do your research before buying parts of RPW. Yes he knows alot about our cars but some of his prices on products are very steep.

He quoted me $2600-$2800 for a Haltech Platinum Sports 2000 + 2 sensors. I got the same from ebay US for $1890 + full sensor kit and Haltech is Australian made.

His downpipes are off the shelf but any exhaust place can weld up a set to.

Some dude on this forum payed RPW $7000 to get an ECU installed after that he was getting about 120km from a full tank!!

Remember he was kicked off OZVR4 for a reason.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
dont care about inter state
That's not really nice...

I bought stuff from there, but would never ever leave my car there unattended! x17x bought his downpipe there, didn't wanted to wait with the install any longer so gave them the installation as well. As soon as we got home his car was pooring transmission oil, had a few scary moments there!!! They charged him $100 for installation, I got it fixed the next they at Methams for $40!

And yeah Madhav can tell you probably a lot more stories about them...

Clown

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
Was a 1997 Legnum (R.I.P) now a 1996 NJ Pajero
I got a 100k service done there, drove my car in fine, everything was good, then got a phone call saying my ecu blew, cost me a fortune, still not happy with the tuning and he was s'posed to get someone to sort out the Tacho flickering, havent heard squat from him.

TNT Automotives I think it's called, in wangara. the guy did his apprenticeship on Mitsi's and he can change AYC fluid too

G

Unregistered
If you have a look around, you'll find that you'll hear more bad news than good regarding RPW.

I've got the RPW Front Pipes and admittedly they were a welcome improvement (even though mine was one of the first batch that had O2 Sensor Bung in the wrong location and had to be re-welded).

But I would never leave my car there to get work done, too many horror stories (which I've heard first hand from people, not "i heard this from that guy who knew this bloke that had work done there" to take the risk).

So if you got work done there and your happy with it, then good on you :)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Dave and RPW were removed from the site due to questionable business practices. He's got a website and you're all welcome to go visit him there.

x17x

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
zed
Drive
legnum
+1 with bad experience....wont leave my car there anymore...

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i have to say that i was a bit worried taking my car there but found him very helpful. he installed and tuned my interceptor for 570 and i havent had any problems, happy with the power increase (72% :)) accompanied with a couple of litres/100k dropped per tank with heavier driving.

mind you he was well aware of my worries as he knew i was asking round for peoples experiences and contacted me personally through evo oz to try and clear up some 'rumours' about things

G

Unregistered
well i posted in the w.a section because i only wanted to know about people from w.a's experiences . i already know about people from over east dealing with them. thats why my attitude is how it is .

Im only taking my car to RPW if im picking up parts . But i am contemplating leaving it there for a week to get dump pipes made and ceramic'd. thats why i wanted to know the views of people from W.A .

thanks for the info Buckas. would you recommend getting it getting done threw them though ?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i thought i remember him saying that they already had dump kits made up when i was there? would of also got front pipes and dumps done at the same time but i was too broke and i think ill also be too deaf after that.

as to would i recommend? personally i hate leaving my car ANYWHERE. i get very nervous leaving cars with mechanics or panel beaters (or dodgy bastard auto electricians in freo) cause in my experience they generally do more harm than good. main reason i try and do all the stuff myself. if your just buying parts id try and jsut buy them and fit them myself, labour rates are 100 an hour.

but going just from my personal experience the car left in the same condition it was dropped there in, simply with power upped so i was happy. maybe they were being super careful with me though cause they knew i was talking about them haha

G

Unregistered
People do your research before buying parts of RPW. Yes he knows alot about our cars but some of his prices on products are very steep.

What are other peoples experience on the price of RPW's products?

When I was after my GReddy EBC I had a look at RPW and they had them for $815.91, which was almost $400 more expensive that Access Autoworks.

G

Unregistered
i thought i remember him saying that they already had dump kits made up when i was there? would of also got front pipes and dumps done at the same time but i was too broke and i think ill also be too deaf after that.

as to would i recommend? personally i hate leaving my car ANYWHERE. i get very nervous leaving cars with mechanics or panel beaters (or dodgy bastard auto electricians in freo) cause in my experience they generally do more harm than good. main reason i try and do all the stuff myself. if your just buying parts id try and jsut buy them and fit them myself, labour rates are 100 an hour.

but going just from my personal experience the car left in the same condition it was dropped there in, simply with power upped so i was happy. maybe they were being super careful with me though cause they knew i was talking about them haha

they have down pipe kits made up. they were looking at dump pipe kits . but there wasnt the interest from owners to make it .

and you better not be refering to hear mate :p

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I suggest people contact syther with comments, it doesn't take much for legal action to start from a question like this, trust me, i've seen it happen on other, we don't want that happening here.

You will alway get more -ve response, it's easy to dish people.

If dave was helpful then great, move on, don't go poking sticks at a hornets nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom