RPW dumps. who's going to be the guinea pig?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
dudes,

everyone seen these? i know we dont talk about "the shop who must not be named" too often but in my boredom i had a look at their webpage again

found they're now doing bolt on dump pipes. thats news to me. anyone else?

http://rpw.com.au/shop/index.php?pa...ategory_id=541&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Turbo_Outlet___6_4fb4864350a06.jpg

apparently they bolt up to oem front pipes and RPW front pipes

BUT

theyre nearly $700 dollars! (you can buy GTR dump pipes for $300)

sidenote: they're also selling TD03-8 turbo upgrades for 1xarm and 1x leg

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Considering sending him an offer; $600...... if he throws in some downpipes as well haha.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
So exactly how much meth does one need to smoke to find paying in excess of $900 for a slightly larger turbo than stock a pleasurable experience?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
"They who shall not be named" are on crack and or crystal meth for sure, there has never been any doubt about that.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
LOL you can get full stainless custom made ones for about $600 fitted! These guys seriously are on another planet.

Even worse is that some people buy this stuff for such stupid prices.

jomz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Joe
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum White!!
FMD! $700? "The who shall not be named" can shabbb it!! LOL :)

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
wouldnt pay $700 for that shit look at the welds come on who they kidding.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Why bother really? How much power to expect to gain from all that $$$ and farting around. Spending any money on stock or slightly larger turbos is a joke..

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
That's insane. Someone get me the flange designs and I'll get them cut for less than $100 per pair. Not even kidding.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Funnily enough i was asked last night if i thought these were worth it.... (i suggested there were better things to spend money on).

G

Unregistered
Probably end up like the 'Direct Fit' X-force dumps my mate just had put onto his 33 GTR. 8 Hours of machining to get them to fit to the Turbo! We are trying to get together a statement from the Workshop explaining to X-force what happened and recover some $$$.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i had 3 sets of exhaust manifolds laser cut made out of 12mm mild steel for around $200.. so imagine how much it'll cost to have this little ones made up..

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Seriously if we want to get these flanges made up I can get them done. Maybe could even get a kit like these made up if there's interest? I have a mate who works at a machine shop on a laser cutter & will do after hours work.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
can you get them made to go on the standard manifolds? if so i can send you 2 spare dumps to copy.
Seriously if we want to get these flanges made up I can get them done. Maybe could even get a kit like these made up if there's interest? I have a mate who works at a machine shop on a laser cutter & will do after hours work.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
I can't believe that wanker is still making parts for our cars, who buys off him?

WTF $700 for dump pipes, you will most likely get zero power gains. A local exhaust shop can make both dumps and collector for less than that!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Had a chat to my mate, I can do the set of 4 flanges for $100. Add your own piping & voila.

Or, if veegeeta or someone else can send up some stock dumps, we can get the piping made up to make them a straight bolt-in replacement for the stock dumps. That would be around $200 for a pair of complete replacement dumps. Would anyone be interested enough to stump up the cash? No minimum orders or group buys or anything difficult like that. Just let us know if you want some and away we go. :)

Top Bottom