SA Car Electricians/Installers

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I've gotta get an Aus Standard immobiliser for the Galant. I'm only looking to spend about $200. I don't need some fancy alarm that sends me a fax when a bird shits on my car. I just want a standard immobiliser that disarms with a touch key or wireless transponder (I don't want to have to carry another buttoned key fob around).

Can anyone make any recommendations on local installers? I'm located in Richmond/North Plympton area, so the closer the better I suppose. Mobile installing would be great too so I don't have to skip work to get it done.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Well on that $200 subject I put new alarm in fto cost about $200 for alarm but $450 to install it and its doesnt send me a fax but blows your ear drums. good luck:mellow:

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
I always use these guys:

H T Car Audio And Security
Paralowie SA 5108

0413 522 565

give them a call, they also come to you to get work done.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
is that Hong Tran? If so I have used him a few times now. Really neat and a good price.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Yeah good old Hong :)

He used to work for Mitsubishi apparently too so he knows his way around them.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Thanks for that guys. Did some googling of him too and found some others that recommend him. I'll give him a call on Monday.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Just an update on this, I just spoke to Hong and it's booked in for Wednesday. Only $240 for the transponder style immobiliser. For comparisons sake, the RAA charge you $325 for the same thing!

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
What does he immobilise?
With security and audio, you can buy the best in the world, but if the install is of a low quality it is $$ wasted, and potentially the car.

Ask him to patch in further down the loom (not just at the ignition like everyone does) to slow theives down. Also ensure he immobilises not only the starter motor, but fuel pump also. Can go so far as to cut the crank angle also.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I'm pretty sure this is what he did with mine...
Twin Point Immobiliser - Starter Motor + Ignition (ECU, Fuel Pump, Ignitors)

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
As far as I know this is the system I'm getting
http://www.mycyclops.com.au/products_immobilisers_p205_detail.html

I'll ask him tomorrow as to what is actually immobilised. To be honest though, I'm pretty indifferent. As long as there is something there to meet insurance requirements as well as some kind of deterrent I'm happy. I've seen Gone in 60 Seconds; If Nick Cage wants a car, regardless of what's in it, he'll get it.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Ask him to patch in further down the loom (not just at the ignition like everyone does) to slow theives down. Also ensure he immobilises not only the starter motor, but fuel pump also. Can go so far as to cut the crank angle also.

+1 to this.... heaps of 'professionals' only cut at the ingition switch... very easy to get past.

I'd be cutting power to fuel pump, and main ECU relay. CAS might work too, but i dont fancy the signal having to go through a set of relay contacts.

Top Bottom