Standard stereo wiring

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
hey sydo,

just let you know, i wont be needing that adaptor mate, i just pulled all my alpine gear out of the box and remember what a pain in the ass it is to install coz its got the brain box.... do you know what colour the relay wire for the antenna booster is? coz i have to put in the antennas for my tv tuner and dont really feel like making up a relay when one will already exist for that in the boot somewhere im gueesing? if you knew location would be even better :)

is ther much room up the back of the dash as well? where i could stick the brainbox? it gets quite hot also.... id prefer to have it up there than under the seat as i want to use my dvd stacker and cd stacker and stick em under the front seats... as they are a pain if you have them in the boot....

gotta love alpine gear but damn i can use anything of the factory loom..... i also found about 5m of both ground and pos in about 12gauge aerpro pwr cable that i will run into the dash for the brainbox, but ill run a 4gauge to the boot for an amp in the future, along with rcas with it....

I think my car will be in the shed for 2 days... interior out and all.... big job upcoming + I also have the 9" alpine screen that was in teh car that im going to put in the back somewhere.... :S so much to do (my car will be 50kgs heaver !!! :(

regards,
brent

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Brent, I think the wire you are possibly after is the white/black one?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
but ill run a 4gauge to the boot for an amp in the future, along with rcas with it....
Strongly suggest running your signal cables (RCA leads) down the OPPOSITE side of the car to the positive power lead. If you have them running next to a cable drawing that much power you'll be well within its electromagnetic field, leading to substantial noise on your signal lines (ie nasty, noisy sound).

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
thanks bob,

trevor-
yeah i planned to run them down opposite sides, will have teh whole interior out, so shouldnt be too hard.

G

Unregistered
steve -
in your post, the blue/white wire is a 'speed' wire, i think the MMCS uses it, but DO NOT put power to it, otherwise your speedo will sit on 0km/h :)
my stereo had a whole bunch of adaptor plugs because it had a factory mitsubishi deck/navi system, and the white/blue wire on the other side of the adaptor had a label saying "SPEED"

blue/white== speed sense wire :)

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
does anybody have bad radio reception? mine is schocking!, I powered the right wire also.. i get stations yet they are just partly static... and not very clear/strong signal? has anybody else experienced this?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Are you using a FM expander for a Jap radio? My reception was shithouse with that but as soon as I changed to a Aus Unit all was peachy...

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
does anybody have bad radio reception? mine is schocking!, I powered the right wire also.. i get stations yet they are just partly static... and not very clear/strong signal? has anybody else experienced this?

Yep - totally crap. The moment I'm more than 2 minutes out of a town, reception dies.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
hmm... i was hoping it would be reasonable... but its horrible...

Im using the remote amp on wire for the antenna trip wire... that be enough yeah? or should i use ignition?

cheers,
brent

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
If all else fails, it wouldn't be hard to install an external antenna somewhere..

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Yeah,

If its still shit, ill just get an alpine window antenna... used them in the past and quite good. think it was alpine neway?

G

Unregistered
the remote output on your deck should be +12V
i'm using the antenna power output from my deck (usually makes antenna's go up and down, and only sends power to it when the radio is on) and it works fine!

G

Unregistered
90% of the time its good, but if i go under a bridge or something, it gets a small amount of static, but barely noticeable.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
hmm, yeah mines 90% static most of the time... it had the two antenna plugs style plugs as well, one small, one large.. i might try join them up and see if it makes a differernce, as those two come in from the loom together maybe it has a left right side antennas, i heard some cars with glass antennas do?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I installed my stereo yesterday, went to autobahn and got a Mitsubishi adapter, one that just plugs straight onto the plug in the first post, just had to cut the plugs off the other end and then match up the colored wires to my pioneer plug and it is all go!

I went to Autobarn ("autobahn" ?) today and got a wiring harness. Told the guy it was for a '98 Galant, 8th gen japanese import, should be the same as a '96+ Magna.

He looked it up and the book had an entry for a 1993-2005 Galant. WTF? And it had a different part number to the wiring harness for the '96+ Magna.

I ended up getting the Magna part, Aerpro #AP7011. The "Galant" part was #AP7010. I haven't had the stock head unit out of my Leggie yet so I don't know if I got the right one; I won't open the package until I check, so I can exchange it if necessary.

Still, does anyone here know what's up with the weird model years listed, and anyone used the same wiring harness I got?

Cheers
Derek

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
what i did was.. i took the factory head unit and tried couple of connectors..

G

Unregistered
i think someone mentioned it was the same as the FTO?

mine came with a factory deck + tv + sat nav, so mine had about 4 adaptors onto the factory loom (even though there was only 3 items!) so i cut the plugs off, and attached it to the loom my new deck came with.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
i think someone mentioned it was the same as the FTO?

I did mention the FTO but there was no entry in the book for it, so I said '96+ Magna. No matter - if it's the wrong one I'll just exchange it for the other one. I was just curious if anyone here had seen or used the same part before.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
Just a follow-up... I've got the stock stereo out now, and the plug matches :D

part number: Aerpro #AP7011

Top Bottom