Standard stereo wiring

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Used this post, converted the mitsu connector wires to the unknown jap connector that was used for the ole japanese tape deck w/equaliser then connected to new head unit loom, everything appears beautiful. Thanks a bunch guys, with all your hard work i never even had to turn the multimeter on!

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
yes all the mitsi plugs are the same...
im using on i had in my 6g galant.
also used the same in a FTO.

the only ones you have to watch out for are the sat-nav/indash tv type.
which i beleive have different wiring?

I had mmcs in mine and have replaced it with a normal climate control unit, and can confirm that my 6G VR4 Wiring adapter isn't the same. I was hoping to be able to get one, but it looks like i'll have to do it manually.

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
fitted a new d/d headunit today with touchscreen, DVD, DTV, BT, USB, iPod, Nav, cam blahblahblah
with this connector APP0111 (mits to ISO) from stock wiring plug

no issues at all, all worked perfectly

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Was it one of the el cheapo ones off eBay? I'm just about to take mine out and replace it with a single-DIN JVC unit haha, I hate it.

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
I had an elcheapo eBay one it was horrible there was so much distortion caused by it.

Sent from my T8697 using Board Express

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Oh mine functions great, but it has no RCA outputs and a terrible DAC, which are the main reasons I'm getting rid of it.

Also, it claims iPod functionality...But I can't select what playlists/songs to play from my iPod haha. The best it can do is 'random' of the 15,000-odd songs on there, which gives me a pretty slim chance of getting the song I want :p

For people not concerned with SQ, they look to be a great unit for a cheap price.

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
Thank you guys so much for this thread! I installed my Alpine system with no drama's at all. Sounding sweet!!!

Only odd thing with my wiring is that my rear left had the same colour coding as the rear right...

Wiggles

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Sean
Drive
1997 PFL Leggy
I've done a search but found nothing yet, has anyone worked out what the black/yellow wire does yet?

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Just wanted to add that the Aerpro APP0111 Mitsubishi-to-ISO primary harness works perfectly in the Legnum. From there you buy a secondary harness to go from ISO to whatever your head unit uses.

APP0111.jpg

These are stocked by Autobarn and Supercheap. Price as at February 2019 at Autobarn was $21.99 for this harness and another $21.99 for the secondary harness to go from ISO to your head unit brand/model.

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I find I'm no longer allowed to post a thread of my own in any of the technical parts of the forum.
Has anyone who has had the lower spec vehicle with a CD changer in the left hand side of the luggage area ever found out how to remove it? Mine has never worked as it was full of water when I got the car so I'd like to remove it and gain the space it's in for more storage, I've looked many times and just can't see how it's held in and what I'd need to remove to get at it while doing the least possible damage to trim and retaining clips.
Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom