strange idea.. but can it be done?

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
ok guys.

i have a shameful confession to make. i have "yes.. it is cheap china stuff" dvd/tv with nav... i wanted JVC but...
only good thing about it is the navigation since the software is made in australia. however, i can not listen to music when i turn the nav on.

i changed speakers to MTX's and still sounds terrible.
so. was thinking..

install another head unit (i have spare sony with a rear aux rca input in and 3 RCA out puts. it was one of the high end models about 3 years ago) at the sunglass carrier, just above the ash tray. connect rca output from "china brand" to sony deck inputs and use the sony deck as a equaliser (it has a greart equaliser by the way). it will give me more ability to tune my amps and subs when i install them.

secondly, the smallest HD tuner for home TV was about the size of the pack of winfield blues.. maybe i can stick that in was well..

well, what do you guys think?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Sounds like a fair effort. What you want to do would work, or you could just RCA straight to the amps and run a crossover with them.

Also, no DVB-T for home or PC will work well in a car.

Have a look at www.brashimports.com.au

Cheers

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Hmm shit sound hey? I'm considering one of these things soon...

Might be worth doing the cheap single din LCD and having another unit separate then.

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
+1 on the cheap DVB solution. they DO NOT work at all. doing it properly look at HITV for the Tuner.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Similar situation:

I'm planning on grabbing a cheap 7" single din LCD.. generic brand... and then looking at a decent branded single din DVD player with bluetooth.

Seems like it might be the best way to go about it?

Well all I want is to be able to play divx throug hthe LCD and have a reverse cam working with it.

Currently I don't have a working stereo at all and am going to throw in an old single din head unit I have so I have 'something'

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Nein I have a double din sony unit in there which give me either CD-error or MD-error depending what I put into it.

No english manuals are available from my searching online.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
hmm. please do not get the generic brand. they sound like am radio evern with original CD's. if you do not mind that, it is gool alternative since it has lots of options.

Top Bottom