Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Sheen Panel Service
Burwood Road
Hawthorn

Do really good work, they specilize in bmw/mercs/rovers I had some work done there before and they are really good.

See Adam and say Brent from harris tech sent you in, he should look after you, even though im not at ht anymore...

Cheers
brent

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Ahh... the curse of the expensive black legnum strikes again I see. I think you might just have to find a decent panel shop and point them in the direction of the kempys website for some replacement parts. Ask buzzpuppy, he had some work done on his super and it looks schmic as.
Dont say that Snickells...............
Sry to hear about ur VR4 Stu, good luck with that mate.

Harves

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rob
Drive
Formally a 1990 Mitsubishi Galant GSR until someone smashed it.
It has to be there fault. No headlights at night is against the law. The first thing that happened when someone rear ended me earlier this year was, were your lights on and working.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
It has to be there fault. No headlights at night is against the law.
While that may well be the case, the courts don't really care if there's another incident that contributed to the cause - I know of at least two cases of reversing accidents where the rear car did something illegal and the courts still said the reversing driver was at fault because he should have been watching behind as the other car was stationary. Besides, what if he says his lights WERE on? Then its one person's word against another.

I had an accident last year where I was overtaking someone stopped at the side of the road who decided to turn right and sideswiped me, without even indicating. Court ruled 50% fault, 'cause he said he WAS indicating. No way to prove otherwise.

The primary concern in any court in Australia isn't who is right and who is at fault, its 'will this decision set a bad precedent'. Courts LIKE 50% wrongdoing decisions, because it discourages people from taking each other to court.

Only suggestion I can make is ensure you have masses of light behind you when you're reversing, and seriously consider getting an infra-red reversing camera (because then you can have an extremely bright IR spotlight behind you and cops won't nail you for bright rear lights cause they can't see it).

G

Unregistered
Thanks for all the replies guys. I heard from a few friends that carparks are 50/50, which in my mind is probably right (in this case anyways).

I got a call from one of the drivers friends who could speak English (sort of). Even that conversation was completely broken though haha. She wanted to know what insurance company I was with, and I was replying 'Just Car'. It was like something out of an Abbot and Costello routine.

Woman: You got the insurance ah, what company?
Stu: Just Car
Woman: Just car I know, but what company?
Stu: Just Cars is the company
Woman: So... I say you with RACV or not?
Stu: I'm not with RACV, I'm with a company called Just Cars!
Woman: You have insurance or not?!

Grrrrr....

Iron Chef & Snickells: thanks, I sent drifter_x a PM, hopefully he gets back to me soon.

I rang Just Cars and said the excess would be $500 in this case, and I could make a claim whenever I wanted for it (no rush).

Top Bottom