Superlap Australia :: Time Attack World Challenge

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Thought you guys might be interested:
http://www.superlap.com.au/
sierra-sierra.jpg

Date:
21st - 22nd May 2010

Car List:
http://www.superlap.com.au/2009/?page_id=2348

Tickets:
http://www.superlap.com.au/2009/?page_id=3026
$60 for 2 Day Pass
$30 for Friday Only
$40 for Saturday Only

Some Photos from 2009:
img_0353.jpg
img_0390.jpg

img_0468.jpg
img_1892.jpg

img_1942.jpg
img_1951.jpg

img_2048.jpg
img_2197.jpg

img_2407.jpg
img_2369.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
wish i could go to this, it looks epics.

berry's r34 will make everyone hav a synchronized gasm over it

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Seen this mentioned a bit on speedhunters, wish i could go, there'd be some nice and dam quick machinery there

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Berry's r34 will make everyone hav a synchronized gasm over it

Sure will! I have been following the build on SAU, looks phenomenal. The pictures and video look sensational. Bring your spare pants boys!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I was going in the "open" class but my motor won't be ready in time now:cry:

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
What's the hold up Simon? I thought everything was crammed in the engine bay last time you posted in the Nissan forum and said everything was at least working.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
What's the hold up Simon? I thought everything was crammed in the engine bay last time you posted in the Nissan forum and said everything was at least working.

Yep is was back together, couldn't bleed it properly and it wouldn't operate at its normal temp....

Unfortunately the root of my overheating issues was a cracked block:cautious:

Number 5 had a 2 inch crack, so that block is in the bin. Had planned to make some wholesale changes to the engine once it was up and running, but that has put paid to that. So after a lot of soul searching i decided to change to a different engine. It was neck and neck between RB26 and LS1 V8........

RB26 got the nod and a build is underway.....I'm sourcing parts for it now which is why i'm not in Superlap. Would have been great to pit my S13 against all the other S series cars.
Disappointed, would have liked to see the real pace of the car.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Damn, that sucks. Ah well onwards and upwards. It will get there and when it does it will be badass.

Good boy not putting an LS1 in! That would have been very bad. A 1J or 2J would have been cool, did you consider a Toyota engine? (Although you probably know 100 times more about the subject then I do!)

Semi-back on semi-topic :p ...
Spoke to Danny Vahumous (sp?) who works at the Japanese Performance Centre here in Perth and races one of their sweet drift cars (he was helping me find some awesome Jap-Spec drifting DVDs, good man) and said some of them were going over for Superlap to do some sort of drifting event being held at the same time. Sounds like its going to be amazing event. GET THERE SYDNEY!!!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yes there is a drift demo on during the event.

Toyota engine-Nope, sticking with Nissan, it's what i know:cool: Plus i've already got most of the bits i need.

Might see me down at EC before the year is out though!

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
I will be going on the Saturday to watch. I think the Sierra Sierra Evo will set the quickest time.

G

Unregistered
When I had the VR4 at NA Autosport for a service they were working on a Evo 8/9 to go to Superlap. It was a bit confusing, it looked the part of a time attack car, but there were no sponsers decals on it, turns out the guy who owns it can build a serious car off his own wallet. It was a serious piece of work (even if it didn't have a motor at the time :p) Plenty of money spent on shaving down the weight, lots a carbon fibre.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Brocky, what colour was it?
Yes, I can go now to spectate, not working so ill be there both days ;) About to book my flights

Quickest? Depends on who gets the setup right for the conditions of the day.... will be great to watch!!

G

Unregistered
Brocky, what colour was it?

White with carbon fibre doors.

Yes, I can go now to spectate, not working so ill be there both days ;) About to book my flights

Quickest? Depends on who gets the setup right for the conditions of the day.... will be great to watch!!

I want lots and lots of photos please, I'm a bit bummed I couldn't go, so lots and lots of photos, anyone who is going.

TRD88

Crunching Gears
First Name
Danny
Drive
JZA80 Supra
This is going to be great, myself and a few other mates will be making the trip to Sydney for both days of the event.

Can't wait!

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Really interested in this. Any idea of what is happening on the days prob won't be able to make both days so which one would be the better day?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
White with carbon fibre doors.

This guys was out at Lakeside on the 8th May...he runs pretty quick ! Had a look over his car as I was there working a small stand....I will have some video up on the Fulcrumsuspensions facebook site tomorrow so ask to be our friend !
I will be at Superlap as one of the sponsors working on stand B9 so come by ... especially on the Saturday as I will have the promo girls working the stand !

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
see ya there, i'm going down , be there both days. Might have a chat with you about some suspension for my S13...

Top Bottom