swapping VR4s in kyrgyzstan

G

Unregistered
Hi guys I just bought a black 1997 manual with sunroof and 77KMS.
I am getting rid of my car and I always wanted a black manual with a roof and I got one and should have it in 50 days or so.
Can anyone please tell me how many kms usually before the clutch is changed as I hope its about 40-50K as mine has 77kms so hope my clutch is still good for a while.
I will post some pics soon of both cars but this will be my 5th vr4 now.
I was rushed into this one as they have changed the laws in kyrgyzstan as of the 1st july can't bring in right hand drives into the country so I had to get this car fast and this nice one popped up and I got it for $4500 so it will cost me just under $8000aus landed in Kyrgyzstan.
Please someone let me know about the life of the clutch on average on a stock car,
Cheers

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Congrats on the purchase Adam :)

On the topic of clutches, a well maintained clutch that's treated right can be good for hundreds of thousands of kms. However the same clutch can be killed in a matter of seconds in the wrong hands, and with these cars the engines are far more powerful than the clutchs - dial up 4 or 5g's from a standing start and drop the clutch and you may have a newly airated bonnet and bell housing...

When you get the car do a complete service and see how it feels - if it's been treated well you shouldn't need to replace the clutch until you're ready to upgrade (or you get a bit too spirited in your launches) ;)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Out of curiousity, is there any compliance sort of things that eed to be done or does it land and you drive it away?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Around 60-100km seems to be the average depending on how you drive the car.

Congrats on the purchase :)

Top Bottom