Swapping instrument clusters

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I'll be swapping the instrument cluster from my front cut into my car when I do the transmission swap. One thing that is bugging me though is where the odometer reading is stored, and is it reprogrammable? I'm not asking this in an unethical manner. All I want to do is keep my original odometer reading, but on the other instrument cluster.

G

Unregistered
take of the manual cluster face (just the skin that sit under the dails),
and put it on instead of the auto face,

easiest way of doing it,

the odo reading, is stored in the cluster.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
ok sweet, so it just comes straight off then.

G

Unregistered
yea i thought that the odo reading was on the cluster..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
what Carsten said, just take the 'skin' off so you don't need to worry about the rest of the cluster.

Unless of course the manual car has done less km's than your car :)

Grey_Ghost

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
1997 Trigger PFL Manual Legnum.
Right, as I had the Jedi cluster when the alternator went, we tested it in Jarrad's car. It's still in Jedi mode, no foreground needles, or backlights. *Some* warning lights work, but one of the AYC bars doesn't self test.

Is there a way to swap my odometer reading (74xxxkm) over to another cluster? I mean, without importing it again? (Where it lost 120,000-odd kilometres)

I was thinking of hybridising a Super Cluster, but they're all auto, and the couple of secondhand ones are at or over 200K.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
I have spoken to VicRoads about this. It is legal to put in a different odometer as long as you capture this and make it clear. You just call them and say your dash broke and you need to replace it and get their confirmation.

I have a spare auto dash you can have. Pay me for those FL hubs and you can have it for free. :)

Top Bottom