TD04 turbo rebuild

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Just picked up a pair of TD04's for $250. Stage one of turbo upgrade complete.

Anyone know what the approx rate is for a rebuild?

Just got quoted $1000 for both. This is the guys only job, as in he just rebuilds turbos all day. He reckons they will be like new after he's finished. Reckon this is a fair price?

Brings the total cost to $1250 for 2 like-new TD04's.

Kinda makes me wonder though if I should just go all out and do the Garretts instead as I just found these GT2560R's for AU$1800 a pair!

31-5SgBbhmL._SL500_AA252_.jpg

They safely flow 300hp each which means a potential 600hp Leggie!!! WOO HOO!!

Will try to get a quote from RPW for the manifolds tomorrow as I'm booked in for tuning and will then compare the difference.

G

Unregistered
would there be much messing about fitting larger turbos? given the engine bay space or lack there of...especially the rear one.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
A few people in NZ have fitted them now and they have had about 5cm of room between the turbo and the firewall. The GT25xxR series will be similar, depending on how you do the manifold really.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
The Garratt's will also spool up just as soon as the TD04's :)

You mean the GT2560R? If so then thats a good point. I have been researching TD04 max hp rating on all the WRX sites and it seems that the most they can get out of them is around 250hp atw. People have got more, but at the boost levels they were running they were asking for their turbos to be destroyed.

So this means they should have the potential of around 500hp or around 375kw atw on a twin turbo application. That is around twice as much as I'm driving with now?!!?
Sounds alright to me!

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
A few people in NZ have fitted them now and they have had about 5cm of room between the turbo and the firewall. The GT25xxR series will be similar, depending on how you do the manifold really.

Was that 5cm on stock or custom manifolds Brad?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Cool, sounds good to me. Any idea where to get an adapter? Custom made at your local steel fabricator I guess?

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
but if you got the GT2560R adapter made up,then duplicated the set and sent it over to qld,i could also upgrade my turbos,think of it like a bit of meister blue loving,haha i could also get both turbos for about $1350

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
but if you got the GT2560R adapter made up,then duplicated the set and sent it over to qld,i could also upgrade my turbos,think of it like a bit of meister blue loving,haha i could also get both turbos for about $1350

$1350? From where? Off the back of a truck? Is there more for that price?

Top Bottom