[The Moon] Pulsar Group of Australia Dyno Day (SA)

G

Unregistered
cheers matey. a mate in the graphic design industry did a whole heap of them for me and that was my favourite one. i just have to choose the colour combo, either white text/logo on a blue background or the other way around, blue text/logo on a white background (i like this one).

G

Unregistered
the legnum is now out of the dnyo day, wont have it back on the road in time. sss will still be there.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Steve - what time were you running on the Dyno? pending what time, and if my car checks out ok with SKR on Thursday, I MAY take your spot....

G

Unregistered
not sure what time i was running, the order is usually arranged at the last minute when there is a better indication of who's going to be there and how many cars etc, or on the day :)

ill try and find out for you.

G

Unregistered
was good to meet you anthony (formath) - very nice legnum and you gotta be happy with those power figures, even with boost cut!

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
It was good to meet you too Steve and some of the PGA lads! Good bunch of blokes. You have an AWESOME SSS there , buddy!
and was fun to hang out with enthusiasts and see some sweet rides. I just wanted to get a baseline run in, since I've only had it a short while, first dyno on Aussie soil and it's basically stock. I wasn't expecting much. (142 kw/ 190hp atw and too rich, MBC boosting to 12 psi quickly but tapering off to 10 and back to stock almost just as quick).
Goes to show why our cars really need the fuel/ignition sorted with an aftermarket unit- I'm happy nothing went pop :).
I knew it'd be running rich....not that rich! bloomin conservative stock ecu- hmm...*thinking*interceptor, E8, E11, emanage or mapecu? ........

G

Unregistered
results are up - http://www.dynoday.info/

mine spent about 3hrs of the day looking like this...

18102008252.jpg

thanks to this...

98g1lt.jpg

it was a cracked bottom tank from my radiator. brett went to tie my car down on the dyno and got the straps caught around a clip on the bottom of the radiator that my fans bolt on to and as he was tightening the straps all of a sudden coolant poured out from underneath (he had snapped one of the clips off which in turn had ripped a hole about the size of a 10c coin in my rad. bottom tank)...drove the car off the dyno (didnt get a chance to run) and around the back of the workshop, and then with some help from lynette & brett they arranged for a workshop to stay open (big thanks to parkside radiators - 1111 south rd, melrose pk...****ing brilliant guys!)so that i could take the radiator out (with a help from a mate) and get it plastic welded/compression tested etc, and then put back in with 4ltrs of new nissan coolant....all of no charge to me :)

in the end i made it on the dyno at around 2:30pm (initial run was 11:15am) and with a bad missfire issue i made 190kw @ all fours. the missfire was being caused by water in my spark plugs causing them to corrode quite badly, it drove fine friday night but saturday morning it drove like shit. ah well, at least its a quick cheap easy fix, new plugs and leads.

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Steve, glad you got the radiator sorted and back on the dyno :). Very nice of Brett to help you out gratis....seems like a good guy AND he knows his tuning.
A new set of plugs and leads and the AWD SSS 'll be launching hard...and soon your Legnum will be shifting like new again! Double the celebrations mate!

Top Bottom