Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Car would need to be on the floor, crazy aero, crazy wheels, etc. If you did that it'd look awesome with the decals.

I wanna see pics of Ivor's car.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Ivor's is the lowest Legnum i have seen. Rims are nearly in the guards on the rear. Oh BTW, they are 18 inch BBS LM's...

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
If you want to know what it would look like use the proper rims. Like those on Mel's car, as they are off a TME then put the stickers on it. Ride height needs to be lower, pump out the guards and event the bonnet and your onto a winner.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Sorry Lee but leave the decals for the fast and the furious..... You have a leather interior for god's sake lol ;)

G

Unregistered
hahahahaha
we where thinking doing the something.
on my car.
i have a TME engine in my galant so that's a great link to the striping.

Attachments

• md-8g-galant-tme-striping.jpg
    md-8g-galant-tme-striping.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 59

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hahahahaha
we where thinking doing the something.
on my car.
i have a TME engine in my galant so that's a great link to the striping.

your on cardomain.com arent ya? remeber the car from somewhere

G

Unregistered
your on cardomain.com arent ya? remeber the car from somewhere

nop
not on cardomein.
we have our own dutch galant forum.
and galant company

i was already here on the forum but i lost my password and i have a new emailaddress.
so that's why new account.

ivormui

Idling at the Lights
First Name
i-m
Drive
company car is a (99 legnum vr4 type-s)
my legnum

i try this second times of posting my pics

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 62
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 49
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 54

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
The blue Galant is OK but the Legnum with the decals just doesn't work. well not for me anyway.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I have mixed emotions about the stickers on the white Legnum! They look good, but I still reckon further towards the back of the car would look even better :)

and that TME Galant that was posted, looks soooo nice! Love the colour too!

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
lol im reading this thinking god they must think im a dick with my huge flame mitsubishi logo on the bonnet :-(

lol i have an excuse its the wife's business and i let her do it to show what can be done lol

i dont mind the decal look but it does grab HEAPS more attention, when we did my logo and bonnet stipes within the first 3hrs i had someone comment on them and ask what it was, they did say it looked great and looked it over but still i had the car on the road for 18 months before this and NO ONE had ever commented on it before.

and hey whats wrong with LEATHER AND DECALS :-( mines the same as lee's only in trigure mauve :)

i say if you like it go for it lee, if your willing to put the decals on the car we can cut them for you at a great price :)

i do like the clean skin look but i do like the way decals look too so its up to each person

here's mine i know its over the top
Photo0144.jpg

it says VR4 TT at the top cut out of the red closest to the windscreen etc

the ozvr4.com is just the magnet one and is not always there

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I like the idea but I think one of the Leggie and Galants main appeals is stealth, and the 6.5 look kinda takes away from that. Although I guess i wouldn't turn one down if they were actually a reality :)

G

Unregistered
I like the idea but I think one of the Leggie and Galants main appeals is stealth, and the 6.5 look kinda takes away from that.

Now the point of stealth has come up a couple of times now, just how stealthy are our cars? Who are we being stealthy from? The cops? They are more switched on than that, an exhaust is all they need to pay attention to your car. Potential scalps? If I saw a car sporting a big front mount intercooler or a set of Brembo brakes, I wouldn't have any inkling of a clean win and if your not switched on enough to notice the subtle hints to the speed of a car, its more than likely you are driving a Getz. The only people left are Joe Public and it is the purpose of my VR4 to get Joe's attention.

Now I agree that the decals posted on here need some additional changes to the car to make them work, it would look like rubbish to have a stock VR4 with decals. Even the Lancers that the decals came with are sporting Brembo's, Rims and a noticeable FMIC. But again, how stealthy are our cars, if people don't know what they are, they are in for a shock, decals or no decals.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Yeah these days the stealth factor has pretty much gone...a year or so back you probably could have fooled people but now with so many being imported and on the scene people know them. The next stealth factor will be when someone puts on a BIG single and keeps it hidden...

G

Unregistered
So far I think there are 2 maybe 3 VR4's in Townsville. I think the stealth factor is still very very high.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
When I say Galant, and they ask what's in it and I tell them.. They go "So it's like a Legnum?" LOL

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
LOL Tom im always the other way around, if someone wants to know what it is i say legnum they go a what, so i say its the newer 8th gen Galant sportswagon, we had 7 gen galants here and they are like oh okay i know now.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
and hey whats wrong with LEATHER AND DECALS :-( mines the same as lee's only in trigure mauve :)

Hahaha, its like wearing a suit with joggers :p

And you have an excuse, yes :D. Plus it doesn't look so bad when its on a dark car either

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Thanks Dimi im glad you dont mind it, i wasnt sure about the red but it actually looks quiet good with the mauve.

Lee i was thinking today how it would be amusing to have the stickers done with magnets so you can keep moving them and play with your mates pretend they have always been like that lol
every time you go to see them move the TME squares around to different locations etc.

plus if it was a time you wanted to keep it low key you could just remove them and have a clean skin car.

Top Bottom