Tripod bearings

DaBo$$

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Matt
Drive
Eighth Gen Galant VR4
Hey all.
Took my inner passenger side cv joint out and the bearings were shot.
Being located overseas parts are rare, just wondering what are the part numbers that can interchange for inner cv joints ok the 8th gen vr4, pre-face lift.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
LH inner joint is a MR336596
RH inner joint is a MR336597

Will have to cross reference them later to see if they fit another vehicle.

I believe the original joints were manufactured by NTN.
Are you able to take measurements and do they match any of these?

1644812811985.png

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Highly likely that the tripods are the same are as the ones you will have locally available for the later model evos. As i have told you previously via pm.
Definitely be worth putting in some effort and checking as it may save you importing bits from Australia nz or japan

DaBo$$

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Matt
Drive
Eighth Gen Galant VR4
Highly likely that the tripods are the same are as the ones you will have locally available for the later model evos. As i have told you previously via pm.
Definitely be worth putting in some effort and checking as it may save you importing bits from Australia nz or japan
Are you talking evo 4,5,6 or 7,8,9?
That's the issue when it comes to Japanese performance cars we have no local parts readily avavible everything is, bring in part to match up and if it's your only ride then you see the issue, that's why I seek out answers from people who might have done it before so I can eliminate the down time and mix up.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
The US market only got the 789. So try that first as thats your best shot at getting a locally available part.

Top Bottom