Equivalent Bearings

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
How do you determine equivalent bearings when it comes to bearings with Mitsubishi part numbers. Is there a way of doing it? As I imagine I can get most of what I need from a local bearing supplier rather than Ralliart NZ.

If there isnt a way, I can always just take the bearings in question down to said bearing supplier and get them to spec something up I suppose.

Referring in particular to transmission bearings. As below:

G

Unregistered
Usually get the number off the bearing or take the bearing in and get the shop the match it. But in the automotive area in general there are still many that are specially manufactured or restricted and don't have an off-the-shelf equivalent.

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
I found that unless I got "hooked up" with the bearing supplier, it was actually cheaper to get from Ralliart (for OEM parts). Not sure what shipping would add to that though.

You can get equivalent bearings in some cases, you would need to take the bearing in to them though. Also, you would want to be careful about making sure the replacement has at least the same ratings. I was also warned that preload settings might need reviewing if the part was from a different supplier.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
I do remember Chris Meek mentioning something about an Evo VI bearing set when he replaced the bearings in my gearbox after the Input Shaft bearing poo'd itself

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Yeah ideally a set is something I'm after. Will discuss with Bill once I know what I need but I wouldn't mind changing all the shaft end bearings. Even in the transfer case as well pending price.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Um, there's a guy further up this thread that sells genuine parts....

You'll also find a lot if not all are available through Mitsu Oz....

Top Bottom