Tune Weekend v4.0 - Oct 15/16 - Molendinar

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yes sorry guys, i felt a bit like a 3rd wheel coming in at the end. Happy to answer any questions you may have about rebuilds.:p

I would like to reiterate just how impressed i was with Steve, not only his manor but his genuine desire to help- that's a real rarity in this game & one that needs to be acknowledged. He called me this morning after his epic all-nighter with you guys, yet all he wanted to do was fit in with my timings. FFS, Steve, you've come all the way from Sydney to help us, i think i speak for all of us when i say, THANK YOU MATE.

For your burgeoning business, this speaks volumes.

Trev, yes I was a little shattered about the fcuking wiring from the rats but what can you do? If i had come on Saturday i would have found the issue and trust me i would have moved heaven and earth to fix it. Friday arvo (2 hours) i removed the inlet plenum, changed the plugs, help-coiled 2 threads that were stripped & did the "contract cleaner mod". If i had known about the knock sensors i would have changed them as well, not much extra effort to fix them while it was apart again. Oh well Bugger. Pity the car is going. Maybe I'll sell the GTR and keep the Leggy as a tow car for the Sil80... :eek:hmy:

What impresses me is the improvement off-boost and transitioning to it.. SOOOOOO MUCH better than before with the interceptor.

Thanks TME_Steve

0z_legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
97 Vr4 Legnum, 08 D40 Nissan Navara STX V6, 10 SV6 Commodore Ute (Company Car)
Hi guys, just wanted to say a huge thankyou to Steve for all the work he did on the weekend and the huge hours he put in. Also wanted to say a huge thanks to the rest of you guys for lending a hand and helping me with my issues. thanks christian for sorting my vacum prob, who would have thought injectors....... It was a great weekend and great to meet the crew. It is a awesome experience when everyone is willing to pitch in and lend a hand. Thanks again guys

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Sorry I had to bail so early dudes :(

Thanks once again to Trev for selflessly giving up his entire weekend to help us all out, you're a fkng champion. To do all of that and expect nothing in return is such an unexpected show of generosity. Couldn't have done it without ya man.

brettmo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brett
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Hi guys,
Brett (blue evo) here,
Just wanted to say thanks to Steve and everyone who helped out on Saturday.
The car is running much nicer now, silky smooth and a bit of extra go!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Another Evo owner on the forums, there goes the neighborhood!

Jokes, welcome mate, was great to meet you and to see a nice Evo.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Definitely a fan of the blue VII, nice colour.

Can't believe how smooth your Leggie looked in the flesh Trev, makes me feel ashamed of my filthy neglected pearl white. What products you use to make it look so good man?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Well what a weekend.... I did get back late on Sunday night but I've been a tad busy ever since....

The hospitality of you Queenslanders is something to be admired. Special thanks to Trev for organising the Shed and being there till about 3am Friday night, and backing it up till 6am Saturday night, I'm sure EVERYBODY involved appreciatd your efforts, crazy stuff.

It was great to catch up with most of the guys I met last time, you really have a great social scene going up there that I am envious of, especially when I see how much you help each other out.

Thanks Paulie for the last minute bed on Friday night (Saturday morning) and thank Sandy for me, especially for the egg offer! Thanks Chris (Oz_Legnum) for the lift on Saturday morning, I was a bit stranded there. Thanks again to Trev for helping out the WHOLE time it was on, my little thank you was nowhere near enough for what you did. Thanks as usual to Christian who was there to help (well once he got there after fixing his own cars problems haha!). Thanks so much to Fieldy who drove up to wherever it is that Trev lives to get me a couple of hours of bed time, and thanks for the bed and shower, that 2 hour sleep on Sunday morning was one of the best sleeps I've had!

Great to meet a heap of new faces too and I hope you're all happy with how things went. For those who want to know, without a dyno it's hard to be 100% sure but going off the maps and the bum dyno, Abusive's car is the quickest, the quickest VR4 I've been in, it really does have some serious top end in it where most die off (clipped turbines maybe?), Paulie's is probably better to about 5000RPM though being able to reliably run a bit more down low with Coil on Plug. Don's brakes look good, good luck with the sale, whoever gets it is getting an absolute bargain.

The Evo was nice to go in after er, um 9 different VR4's, just for a change.... And I'll never understand the timing map that was in it before.... Simon's tune was well.... interesting ;). I haven't tuned a car like that in a real long time, once it gets another ecu and a knock sensor resolved it will be much better up the top end.

I really hope the 2 other cars with problems can get sorted easily, nothing worse than seeing cars with problems, I really feel for you both.

Other than that, thanks for everyone turning up, it was a very big effort and I think the format needs to be revised if there's another event like it.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i think if (when) we do plan on doing another tune day, we run it something like this:

weekend 1:

servicing and check over for the stock cars

for stock / untuned cars, maybe steve can send up a basic tune (raised boost etc) [failing that, chuck in a boost T temporarily] so we can see if any of the untuned cars will pose a problem / expose some possible problem areas etc. even though we say check your car, it's hard to know what is wrong untill you start raising the bar, especially if it runs fine in it's standard form which is usually the case

weekend2:
steve flys up for actual tune.

just an idea. maybe someone can expand or better it

oh yeah, super happy i bought a greddy kit :D

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Yeah sounds alot better. Should be less waiting around as well.
Hopefully most of us have been tuned now so hopefully next time it isnt to much of a problem.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Simon's tune was well.... interesting ;). I haven't tuned a car like that in a real long time, once it gets another ecu and a knock sensor resolved it will be much better up the top end.

Whadaya mean interesting- who needs AFR's and knock to tune meh:LOL:

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hehe, and maps that dont result in what you tell them to be!

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Steve, do you want me to send one of those 7201's back to you for your car? Also, do you have my address?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Um yeah I need your address email it to me and no I'm OK with the 7201's I have 2 of them, I need a H8 or 7202/7203 if anyone has one.... I'm assuming the H8 is more likely to get given away at cheap prices....

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Next time we take a road trip to NSW for dyno time. How long would it take to drive there Steve?

I'm pretty damn stoked with the results, my Legnum was always quick, now it's a bit crazy. The fact it stood up to 14psi and didn't skip a beat was handy.

Edit: Yeah it's around 12 hours to Penrith from Brisbane. That's not gonna happen.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Steve, can you post the photo you took of my solenoid setup, I can't get it to work :(

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Yep....

Matts car small.jpg

Of the two hoses we joined together, the big hose toward the back of the car goes into the end with 2 connections, but not the one with the barbs on it.

The small hose goes to the metal connection.

The other hose that we plugged goes to the connection with the barbs on it (and you'll need to bend them out of the way.

Then the tricky bit for the young kiddies is the harness that plugs into the 3 port, the connectors often get pushed out, the yellow bits inside should be about 3 or 4mm in the connector, if thery are further out than this you need to wiggle and jiggle and try again ;)

Top Bottom