turbo timer installed for $110

G

Unregistered
is a new turbo timer installed for $110 a good price..
i thought so but wat do u guys think?
thinking about getting it installed tomorrow

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
If they are going to hook up the speed wire etc then it is about standard... They really aren't too hard if you want to have a shot yourself...

G

Unregistered
not sure about the brand..
its not a big brand like greddy..
but i spoke to a couple of people n they said it'll do the job fine..
lots of people said that theres nothing much to a turbo timer and to get it..

G

Unregistered
doing them yourself is easy . and then you know they arnt scotch locked together.

and i thaught a vr4 would still need a turbo timer after a long run .. in saying that i dont have one . i just let mine run for a min when i get to where im going

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
VR-4 turbos are water cooled (just like every other turbo made from about 1985 onwards) and modern synthetic oils are much better than crappy old dino oils. Because of the water the oil won't be able to coke up, and even if the water wasn't there, the synthetic oil would be able to handle the immense heat.

G

Unregistered
well long as it does what you looking for then i guess its a $110 well spent

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I've had a turbo timer installed since I got my Leggy and it's been off since pretty much day one. The 30 seconds it takes to roll up to where you wanna park is heaps of time to cool off, the VR4's probably don't need them anyways.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
As Brad said - Not required. Spend your $110 on something else.

Top Bottom