turbos to afm piping

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
Chris, any plans on making the intake kit available for purchase? This was one of the mods I thought would be worthwhile as soon as I saw the stock pipes. It is one of the first things you do to a Silvia, which has the same piping. Just a bad design.

Yeah , i could sort something out.
Remember i moved my battery though , so if people arent keen to do that i will need a doner car to set it up.

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
im going to have a crack this weekend just to do the front turbo piping but going to be fun i have to go from the front turbo to the back of the air flow meter!

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
how long did it take u to to it and how hard was it to do the front pipe?

G

Unregistered
yeah that pipework is amazing. looks so smooth. maybe i will try get some quotes this week in adelaide just for interest

scientist

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Edmund Robinson
Drive
1989 Galant VR4
avcr is a boost controller,
safc is a fuel controller, but does not remove the need for the afm,

theres not alot of choice. full ecu or map ecu will get rid of the afm. thats about it for our cars

E-Manage ultimate and MAF-T does it as well. Hopefully soon enough someone will get the Speed density to work on Stock ecu like they do on Evos.

G

Unregistered
maft does not remove the AFM completely,
it just lets you switch to a hotwire GM maf.

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
has anyone got and pic of the turbo piping to the afm off the car? anyone

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
We did mine like this...

You cant really see the intakes to the turbo's but yeah. you get the idea.
P1000610.jpg

Off topic i know but what is that red thing on the coolant hose. Seen them on a few cars but have no clue what they are.

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
:drool: you guys are skilled. Did you upgrade your intercooler at the same time?
Yeah mate of course.
Used something fairly different to everyone else.

Seeing the opening in the front bar is only X high i used a fairly small cooler height wise.
I would have like to get one a bit longer but couldn't find what i wanted for a reasonable price.

From memory the spec's were
Overall Length 710mm x 180 x 2.5''

Seems to do the trick.

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
i going to buy a piping kit 2.5 inch and custom make my piping to the afm wish me luck kit is 180 bucks from 999 automotive.

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
ok i just took off the front turbo piping and its not a hard as i thought. to the turbo its a plastic piss thin tubing and then it goes to a 2inch pipe. so im going to replace the plastic crap with 2inch pipe> should give me a bit more breathing for the pooor little tdo3! the back one im not tuching as it is already a solid pipe 2.25 i think?

Top Bottom