turbos to afm piping

G

Unregistered
looks good sexspec. that is very similar to what i have done to my mazda.
Ill show a pic if its works.
Image135.jpg

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Got one of these made in nz is now in the mail. Replaces the squashed front pipe but only fits manuals. Cost me $105 aud with silicone joiners and clamps:lol:

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Got one of these made in nz is now in the mail. Replaces the squashed front pipe but only fits manuals. Cost me $105 aud with silicone joiners and clamps:lol:

Hey shane, any updates on the mod? pics and performance?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
It didn't fit in the FTO, but it did flow better.

I've prototyped one up and it is made I just need to test fit it in a few cars to make sure it fits with various radiators etc. given it has 3 mandrel aluminium bends and a custom reducer it will be a lot dearer than the one above though.

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
It didn't fit in the FTO, but it did flow better.

I've prototyped one up and it is made I just need to test fit it in a few cars to make sure it fits with various radiators etc. given it has 3 mandrel aluminium bends and a custom reducer it will be a lot dearer than the one above though.

Thats a shame. Well, can't wait for this pipe to get completed. Was tempted to get windosr exhaust to make one up but there are few here on the way now, so i guess i'll just wait.
Ps: sent you a pm steve

96vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
AJ
Drive
Legnum with twin GT25R upgrade.

Ive seen it on club vr4.. Good looking replacement.. I just got an exhaust shop to bend a 2.5 inch pipe up for me and bought 90 degree reducer + a joiner. All up cost around 80 i think

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
Yeah didnt quite fit in like steve said but I ended up modifing it to a straight pipe with a silicone bend, does flow much better and can really hear the turbo spool more and it changed the sound of the blow off valve.
Hey shane, any updates on the mod? pics and performance?

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
Havnt found a good exhaust shop up here that doesnt want a fortune, went that way cause i was quoted more from local shops like $220. also they want $1400 just for a cat back 3inch exhaust thats only 2.5m in length with 4 bends.They tend to get greedy
Ive seen it on club vr4.. Good looking replacement.. I just got an exhaust shop to bend a 2.5 inch pipe up for me and baught 90 degree reducer + a joiner. All up cost around 80 i think

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Well mandrel aluminium bends are about $60each so....

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
So steve did you finish your pipe ? what were the results ? have you desighned one for a auto yet? Before I make one lol

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Keep us updated. This has to be one of the most requested parts.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Well, the guy made it for me.... sort of. Got it yesterday but I'm not happy with it....

Anyway it should do to make sure it fits and if you don't have the filter I think it would fit on the auto as well.... Just gotta check for fit now, maybe this weekend (too many projects running at once....)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Feeling keen, I'd love to see some pictures when you guys are done :)

Top Bottom