Urgent! Need help!

G

Unregistered
Yepp, the design sucked. They did this solution because of the bolt that attatch the plenum to the engine. They are screwed inside the plenum. For easy acces, the top of the plenum was removable. Still sucks though.....

G

Unregistered
i'm interested to see a dyno graph of this once its up and running..
the very short runners will move peak power/torque further up the rev range, and likely make low rpm/off boost very sluggish.

what's the reasoning for going away from the stock inlet manifold?

G

Unregistered
good to hear that everything went well with the ecu...

same question with mitchy above?

For my car, i am still using the stock intake manifold but cut it a little to make it shorter length, the purpose is to have an easy access to the 3 cylinder behind.

is that an HKS injector that u r using? Cause I am using the HKS injector the purple one and still using the stock fuel pump. Just wanna know if the stock fuel pump will be able to supply bigger injector.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hoff the short answer to your question is no - for power much above 200kw you'll need a new fuel pump, even more so than upgraded injectors in fact! There's a couple of threads discussing this elsewhere (just search for 'fuel pump'). Fortunately they're really not that expensive :)

G

Unregistered
thanks trevor....I am going with the walbro 255 lph fuel pump then....

DYNO grph please.....hehehhe...Pierre i was going to go with twin TD04 before going single......I am really curious which came out better.... =)

this thread going to be a good real life comparison between the single and twin setup for galant......

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Actually you guys should start putting stuff like this in your members ride or maybe a turbo mod thread, considering the point of this one originally was Pierre's problem with his haltech...

Top Bottom