[VIC] [CRUISE] 9th of Jan 2011 - Black Spur Run

dimmy227

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mat
Drive
White VR4 99
Fantastic day, thanks to all for making it so much fun, and steve for co-ordinating...

Cant wait to see the photos and footage!

Catch you again soon!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hey Mat it's normal practice to obscure numberplates when posting pics, unless the car's owner explicitly says not to worry about it.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well, the mixed weather and greasy conditions definitely highlighted a few things.

1) New tyres and brake pads worked very well.
2) Suspension needs to be looked at over the stock items. I had to get out of following Pete's lines and use my own!

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
Well I had a blast, unfortunately there were some sour notes to the day. I guess it's the risk we take doing these fun things.
Definitely up for a go-karting outing next time, might be a cheaper way of going quickly.

I've had a look through the footage, the camera mount in the boot worked pretty well. Sound isn't fantastic because all the road noise was transferred directly through the strut brace to the tri-pod. Maybe some rubber insulation for next time. Steve I know you took some video, but if anyone else did let me know and i'll get it off you. I'll comp something together and throw it on youtube.

Precedence

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 Silver Legnum VR4
Well, the mixed weather and greasy conditions definitely highlighted a few things.

1) New tyres and brake pads worked very well.
2) Suspension needs to be looked at over the stock items. I had to get out of following Pete's lines and use my own!

My thoughts exactly... didn't help that I had a certain white "faster" legnum keep catching up to me between the cyclist interuptions. My car can't do corners, the stock suspension was complaining with weird creeking noises by the end! It seems to have fixed itself after a nice calm drive home :)

Was a excellent day, almost as good as when we went last time.... if only it was winter & we had some snow ;)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Gotta say, with coilovers, new bushes/arms, selby's and fat wheels/tyres, my galant was loving the corners.

I can't express enough how much fun I had. Cheers to the Vic crew for a good show

G

Unregistered
Looks like a good time was had by all, at least part of the day. Shame Tristian didn't let me know there was anything going on or I would have been along too. :)
Hey Mat it's normal practice to obscure numberplates when posting pics, unless the car's owner explicitly says not to worry about it.
I normally don't bother when I take pictures and have never had a complaint. People are touchy if they are the focus of a picture and it's just their face or something, but that's understandable.
It's not like any of the pictures had any incriminating evidence. =]

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Nope, no photographs of dashboards with speedometer needles (or digital displays) showing anything crazy.

There were certain parts of the road that were just way too slippery... and hopefully those Honda S2000s that we saw FLY past in the opposite direction didn't come to grief!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
so does anyone hav any photos? static ones?

Top Bottom